home flea treatment?

ollie4444

mother to many
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all, I wasn't exactly sure which category to put this in-

anyways,
I've got a bit of a flea issue on my hands & while I do have great treatment for my cats, I'm not sure what to use for my home. I was originally thinking flea bomb but in order to do that I would need to move all of my pets out for a day or two & it's just not very practical.
does anyone have any ideas?

I plan on having a family member do the treatment in the cats' room as I bathe them in the bathroom- you know, killing 2 birds with one stone lol

thanks in advance for whatever ideas you send my way!!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can use a steam cleaner on furniture and carpets. Or a vacuum with a HEPA filter.

Zodiac makes a flea spray and carpet powder I think you don't need to remove pets for more than an hour for those. (They'll be with you, bathing.) My mum used to use that a lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ollie4444

mother to many
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, do your cats go outside at all?
hi! they became inside cats mid-february of this year, so no, they havent been outside in quite some time

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like FleaBusters powder a lot. But it's very dusty. You're going to have to treat one room at a time. Wear an N-95 mask. Keep people and animals out of the room for an hour. It's not toxic. But it is irritating while the powder is airborne. You can also hire them off their website to come out and do the treatment.

Home - Fleabusters

Treating fleas requires a comprehensive strategy of treating the animals and the environment and being aware of the flea lifecycle and why laundry and vacuuming need to be a regular part of the treatment plan even after you have treated the animals and the premises. There is also advice on what to look for in different products. It's a good idea to read this site and re-read it several more times over the coming weeks and months.

FleaScience

Don't forget to treat your vehicles. Fleas can hitch a ride on your clothes and take up residence in the carpet in your cars/trucks. Treat those like an extension of your home when you are doing premise treatment.