Home Birth vs Hospital....

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I dont get it, alot of you say that its safer to have the child at home, but excuse me, what if your childs head is too big for the "hole" and it rips very badly that you bleed to the point you have so much loss you need to have further medical Treatment. Who is going to have all the clean materials to sew you back up, and to snip your babies umbellical cord. (yes i know the midwife) but what if there are complications during birth even though the doctor gave you the all go that you are healthy, what if the baby stops breathing during birth and there are so many what ifs.

Personally i dont want to have it in my home, I dont want my partner cleaning up after my blood.

In such a state, especially if you live in an apartment, i wouldnt want to bother my neighbours with the screaming from the pain, because surely id have the police at my doorstep with all the groaning and swearing.

I had a terrible pregnancy because it was ectopic and with that pain wih such a small embryo, i dont think i would ever feel safe having a homebirth
ALL homebirths have a "hotline" to the hospital - if there was something that went wrong, the mother would be rushed into the hospital. That's just the way it's done. There's no homebirth without a medical "backup" plan. All homebirths have a qualified midwife present and at the first sign of trouble, the midwife calls the shots and takes mum to hospital or calls for an ambulance - the hospital should already be aware of a homebirth and if there is a problem, they don't let you hang around waiting! Ok, I guess I only speak for the UK system.... but supposedly, the less stress there is, the less problems there are.

And anyway, to hang with the neighbours! They'd just have to put up with it!