home again - diagnosed with .....

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Kev, best of luck with the ordeal coming up, I have migraines but I don't think mine are as bad as yours. I feel for you, but hopefully the new meds will get it under control. Don't know if you have looked into this but some foods and drinks are migraine starters so you might want to check into that and modify your diet also, just an thought, good luck, and hugs to you and your family.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Kev, I am SO sorry you have to go through all this. I hope the time goes by, WAY faster and WAY worse, than you are anticipating. Migraines are such a horrible thing. I think, so often, that people just sort of dismiss them, (UNLESS they have experienced them!!) Because there are so many commercials etc. regarding them--and after awhile, people just become used to hearing the word, and begin to not pay attention to it... My husband has HORRIFIC headaches that last 24 hours, usually and occur about every 3 days or so. His life is TOTALLY defined by them (and by my living here with him, on another level, my life is, too...Just that *I* don't have the pain ,this poor man of mine has!) His are not exactly like yours, but close. My DH is quadriplegic and his are neurologically based, and occur because of painful stimuli, or even if his stomach is bothering him! I think it is wonderful, that your wife is so supportive, and I think as SOON as you feel better, you won't be feeling "ratty" as you say! And she will have a great husband back!!

Thinking of you both--and know you ARE in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers! GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you have an answer, and can now take steps to fix this...even though the steps are scary.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this upcoming week or two,

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just catching up with this thread Kev and relieved that the news is relatively good. All the things that must have been going through your mind before the appointment - at least you know it's nothing to be too worried about.

but the next few days aren't going to be pleasant - but your family will understand - they know there's a reason why you're ratty and that it will end soon. Very best wishes to you - hoping that you get to the end of this next week without too much discomfort.

Just think of your big support group here on TCS - behind you all the way