Holy cow

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
VERY cold here too... -6ºF with the wind chill. This is DANGEROUS weather, so make sure you bundle up! If you don't have a winter coat, you need to get one pronto, and gloves, scarf and hat. You can get frost bite in 20 minutes in this kind of weather.

And if you can, go out and start your car and let in run for 15 minutes (while you wait inside) for it to warm up... otherwise, it's like sitting in a refridgerator

Good luck with the cold!

3princessmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, Kansas is usually in the same boat as most of you this time of year with below zero temps, but its 53 degrees and sunny today! Yeah!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of you are wimpy!!! Yesterday is warmed up to 12 degrees F & I was running in and out of the house with a TANK TOP on!!! And no shoes!!!!! But sweat pants on. Really though I can handle the cold weather really well-got a little snow so far only 2-3 inches hoping for up to 7 inches total. Its the light snow because its below 20 degrees but its windy and the roads are slick- for those who aren't used to driving in wintery conditions the key is drive slow but not slow enough to cause accidents. Light touches with the brakes- ease up on the gas way before you come to a stoplight (I've slid through plenty in my life and have only gone in ditch 3 or 4 times in 18 yrs. (black ice is bad) At least we will have a white christmas!! The schools don't even cancel until it would be twice as bad as it is now. If anyone thinks there pipes are going to freeze-open up the cupboard doors and remove any hazardous stuff from underneath the sinks so the area can warm up to room temperature-especially at night.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is really, really cold. It was -27 Celsius here this morning. Naturally, my car wouldn't start so I had to have it towed to a garage. I thought it was the battery and the cold, but no - it was the starter. Yesterday my husband's thermostat went on his car and he had to drive it to the garage with the window open so the windshield wouldn't fog up in this cold, cold, weather.

Our daughter folllowed him in her car when he dropped it off at the garage and was going to then drive him to work. She knew he would be cold after driving with the window open so she put the passenger seat warmer on and warmed up a blanket for him to put on his legs when he transferred to her car. She's a sweetie.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

(I've slid through plenty in my life and have only gone in ditch 3 or 4 times in 18 yrs. (black ice is bad)
I got a chuckle out of this! Most of us Canadians are so used to snow and bad driving conditions, we probably as a rule only ever go in a ditch once in our whole lifetime. Personally, I haven't gone in a ditch and don't know anyone who has and I've been driving over 40 years, so 3 or 4 times sounds like a lot to me.