Holy Cow It's SNOWING!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not kidding! Middle of May, and we're getting snow in the Denver area (I'm closer to the foothills in Lakewood). Got up to a foot of snow in the mountains last night.

It's been a really strange spring!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had hail the other day! Hail! It is snowing on the pass right now, but today here in the valley it is sunny and looking pretty good.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very jealous!! It's upper 80's here warm, humid and sunny. I hate it!!
I miss the winter time and the snow sooooo much.

Lisa & Sash

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eww I am allergic to snow
Kellye, I love your response, and I think I'll use it next winter!

It's thunderstorms and lightening here too, and the rain really came down hard this morning.
I'm taking a vacation day today, so it figures the weather would be like this!

Originally posted by valanhb
Middle of May, and we're getting snow in the Denver area
But Heidi...didn't I see a post the other day where you said the temperature was in the 80's there lately? Don't you hate it when the weather starts going up and down and makes you feel like you're on a rollercoaster?
It does that a lot where I live...

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we had snow here the last week of April and since then, it has finally decided to warm up. I have seen snow here in Ohio during the first week of May, but that doesn't happen all too often. At the moment, it is sunny, humid and 80. They say we should get some thunderstorms today. I sure hope so, I love thunderstorms, especially the severe ones with high wind and hail.
Of course, I am a storm spotter on the side too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

But Heidi...didn't I see a post the other day where you said the temperature was in the 80's there lately? Don't you hate it when the weather starts going up and down and makes you feel like you're on a rollercoaster?
It does that a lot where I live...
That's what I mean by wierd spring this year. We've been bouncing almost weekly from 80s to snow, in the course of one day! Last week was just hot, but the previous two weeks had 80s-snow, back to the 80s-snow. No one knows whether or not to put away the winter clothes! LOL

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi, Somewhere between your snow and our 80 degrees with high humidity is the perfect spring day. *Sigh* I really like my job, but I wish this building had air-conditioning! It's too old, and the district too broke to do anything about it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Friends and family in the U.S. are telling me they've turned their air conditioning on, and over here we still have the heat on! Yes, it has been a weird spring.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you take pics of this odd weather event, I had heard from another friend that it was to snow in Colorado this week. I miss snow tremendously...sigh....

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
John? Are you one of those crazy Tornado Chasers?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG!!! It's snowing there???? I have a brother who lives in Littleton, not far from you, I will have to call him and see how he likes the snow!!! It HAS been a weird spring, even here...we had hail last week, small, but yet, hail. Killed all our tomatoes...had to plant more. It was 87 degrees here last weekend, and I had the air on, now today it is downright cold...I have the heat on....brrrrrr...but no snow, thank God!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

John? Are you one of those crazy Tornado Chasers?
Yes, I am one of those people. However, I have not seen any tornados yet. I have seen hail, very high winds, water spouts, dodged a hurricane and spotted a wall cloud (the cloud where a tornado would come from). I have been to areas that were hit by tornados and have seen the destruction up close. I just love when the sky turns that deep grey/green color. You can just feel the power of the storm approaching. Guess I am just crazy

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it snowed yesterday in Wyoming too. Sometimes it snows in June (my birthday is June 15th and it's snowed on my birthday). But as they say in Denver and WY, don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes!