Holiday shopping - Anyone start today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The independent pet store wasn't busy at all today. Maybe the rainy weather kept customers away. I stocked up on canned food since the store didn't have any NV raw for cats. I did find a small bag of Stella and Chewy's frozen raw. A Weruva rep was there with free samples so I got one of the TruLuxe cans
I looked at the toys and treats but there wasn't anything good to give as presents. I got a free $10 gift card with my purchase
Tomorrow is a trip to the other indepenent pet store for NV raw.That store didn't have any specials or deals today.

Just saw an article on Yahoo about how to save on Amazon. There's a clipless coupon section for tons of items. The pet coupons page has a $3 coupon for Tidy Cats lightweight litter and coupons for toys and cat furniture and other items. The warehouse section has used items that are still in good condition. One can access the coupons and warehouse section through Amazon Smile, too 
Both are in the top tab. Choose Today's Deal and then under Deal Type choose Coupons. The warehouse is the tab Open Box & Used.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

Just saw an article on Yahoo about how to save on Amazon. There's a clipless coupon section for tons of items. The pet coupons page has a $3 coupon for Tidy Cats lightweight litter and coupons for toys and cat furniture and other items. The warehouse section has used items that are still in good condition. One can access the coupons and warehouse section through Amazon Smile, too 
Both are in the top tab. Choose Today's Deal and then under Deal Type choose Coupons. The warehouse is the tab Open Box & Used.
I will have to check out that Amazon article, thanks!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Christmas shopping is D-O-N-E! 

I did the last of it a few days ago when I went shopping with my daughter. She needed a new charger for her Mac (ugh! $80.00 for a stupid charger!). She is starting back to college in January and I decided that for the cost, I would just get a her a 2-in-1 Tablet that will fit easily into her bag. Of course, that had to include a case for it, and an anti-scratch screen, and an extended warranty... and, on the way to the register to pay, I literally bumped into a display they were setting up for TV's. Holy Schmollie! They had a 40 inch TV for $249.00, so I got her one of those, also. She has been watching movies on her laptop for the past year because her TV was damaged when she moved.

Other than that, I did order a pair of Christmas stockings for the Boys!  I found them online and they were less than $40 for the pair (including having their names embroidered on them  and shipping!). They were just too cute to resist! Of course, now I will have to run out and get some toys and things to stuff in them! LOL  I can't wait to get them!

View media item 314102
View media item 314103

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cute stockings

Your daugheter will love the tablet, @Fyllis
Does it have Windows 10? I heard that Windows 8 was horrible and Windows 10 is supposed to be an improvement with features similar to older version of Windows. My desktop is nearly 10 years  old and starting to show it's age (sometimes I need to
a few times before it works) so I need a new computer, maybe a laptop, at some point soon.

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cute stockings

Your daugheter will love the tablet, @Fyllis
Does it have Windows 10? I heard that Windows 8 was horrible and Windows 10 is supposed to be an improvement with features similar to older version of Windows. My desktop is nearly 10 years  old and starting to show it's age (sometimes I need to
a few times before it works) so I need a new computer, maybe a laptop, at some point soon.
Yes, it has Windows 10.  She was hesitant about it because she has been on a Mac for so long she said she doesn't even know how Windows works! LOL She is SOOOO slick! Of course, she got it early so she can 'figure it out'. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, it has Windows 10.  She was hesitant about it because she has been on a Mac for so long she said she doesn't even know how Windows works! LOL She is SOOOO slick! Of course, she got it early so she can 'figure it out'. 
I'm the opposite
I haven't used a Mac / Apple in at least 20 years, probably the last one I used was a clunky desktop Performa at school.

I still have to find time to head to the big mall to buy a few things. The one closest to me doesn't have a great selection of stores besides Target and the Ann Taylor outlet store