Holiday Giftwrapping Made Interesting.....

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoy......
How to wrap a present, with the "aid" of a cat:
1)Clear large space on floor for wrapping present.
2)Go to closet and collect bag in which present is contained, and shut door.
3)Open door and remove cat from closet.
4)Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
5)Go back and remove cat from cupboard.
6)Go to drawer, and collect transparent sticky tape, ribbons, scissors, labels, etc.
7)Lay out presents and wrapping materials on floor, to enable wrapping strategy to be formed.
8)Go back to drawer to get string, remove cat that has been in the drawer since last visit and collect string.
9)Remove present from bag.
10)Remove cat from bag.
11)Open box to check present.
12)Remove cat from box and replace present.
13)Lay out paper to enable cutting to size.
14)Try and smooth out paper, realize cat is underneath and remove cat.
15)Cut paper to size, keeping the cutting line straight.
16)Throw away first sheet as cat chased the scissors, and tore the paper.
17)Cut second sheet of paper to size - by putting cat in the bag the present came in.
18)Place present on paper.
19)Lift up edges of paper to seal in present.
20)Wonder why edges don't reach.
21)Realize cat is between present and paper. Remove cat.
22)Place object on paper, to hold in place while tearing transparent sticky tape.
23)Spend 20 minutes carefully trying to remove transparent sticky tape from cat with pair of nail scissors.
24)Seal paper with sticky tape, making corners as neat as possible.
25)Look for roll of ribbon.
26)Chase cat down hall in order to retrieve ribbon.
27)Try to wrap present with ribbon.
28)Re-roll ribbon and remove paper, which is now torn due to cat's enthusiastic ribbon chase.
29)Repeat steps 13-28 until you reach last sheet of paper.
30)Since last sheet of paper is incorrect size, retrieve old cardboard box that is the right size for sheet of paper.
31)Remove present from current box and put present in new box, tying down with string.
32)Remove string, open box and remove cat.
33)Put all packing materials in bag with present and head for locked room.
34)Once inside lockable room, lock door and start to re-lay out paper and materials.
35)Remove cat from box, unlock door, put cat outside door, close and relock.
36)Repeat previous step as often as is necessary (until you can hear all cats from outside door)
37)Lay out last sheet of paper. (This will be difficult in the small area of the toilet, but do your best)
38)Discover cat has already torn paper.
39)Unlock door go out and hunt through various cupboards, looking for sheet of last year's paper.
40)Remember that you haven't got any left because cat helped with this last year as well.
41)Return to lockable room, lock door, and sit on toilet and try to make torn sheet of paper look presentable.
42)Seal box, wrap with paper and repair by very carefully sealing with sticky tape.
43)Tie up with ribbon and decorate with bows to hide worst areas. Label.
44)Sit back and admire your handiwork, congratulate yourself on completing a difficult job.
45)Unlock door, and go to kitchen to make drink and feed cat.
46)Spend 15 minutes looking for cat until coming to obvious conclusion.
47)Unwrap present, untie box and remove cat.
48)Go to store and buy a gift bag.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So true! Wiggies especially likes to hug the rolls of paper, that way he can claw through multiple layers at once! I nearly sent him to NZ with my presents this year as he was determined to hide in the envelope!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so TRUE! Did you write that yourself? I'd like to print it out to share with my sis & my grandson. Our cats are so like that - the only who isn't is my younger daughter's cat, Christy, she's a "princess" and doesn't participate in menial tasks such as gift-wrapping

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I resemble that list! Well, in the 6 years that I have wrapped presents with Trent's help we've come to an *almost* peace agreement. As long as I give him his own paper to tear up, he will leave me along for long enough to wrap a present. Now getting the ribbon on...well, that's still a game!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this posted on a local forum where I live and I just kinda "tweeked" it a bit to fit my life. My girls and I laugh everytime we read it cause it's so true. With 4 cats in the house - wrapping is impossible! (So is having a christmas tree!).
Please print and share all you want! Everyone needs a good laugh. Only us cat lovers can appreciate this one.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sooooo true here also...I have to hide in a bedroom with the door shut to wrap, with cat's howling on the other side of the door wanting in...