Hole In Kitten

Shelton1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help! My baby has a small hole in her tummy where she was spayed. She had her stitches removed a month ago thiugh! She's enclosed in a screen back porch with another cat who doesn't have a whole. I'm a student and I don't know if I can afford another insane vet bill. Anyone have any idea what to do?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shelton1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They don't open until 9 am

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree. The vet needs to see that ASAP. The area appears very wet. Did you try to clean it, or is that from blood or discharge? Edit: I saw that stitches were removed one month ago.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure, but if the vet is at fault for removing the stitches too soon, or if there is another issue with the spay they didn't notice, you may not have an insane vet bill. Maybe they'll do the right thing. However, without sutures of some kind, that hole will not heal. Because of the risk of infection, hernia, or injury, an abdominal hole could certainly be life threatening, and a vet needs to see it for treatment, even if it costs something. Care credit is really good for unexpected bills.

Shelton1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's wet because I cleaned it. Thank you everyone. I will take her in the morning when the open. :( My poor baby. I just hope it's not going to be an insane bill.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this would apply, but with spays, you're supposed to keep it dry as possible. Also it's the same for puncture wounds in general: don't soak them and keep dry. Maybe pat the area dry until you can get her in to the vet?
Hope that everything is ok with your little one soon! Keep us updated.

Shelton1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, she had her sapy stitches removed a month ago. I can't think of what it could be. But there was some blood, no discharged so I cleaned it in the mean time.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would think either it's an unrelated, severe injury, or her incision did not heal properly and it re opened. I am not a vet, but the edges of the wound look like the latter (unless the skin is severely inflamed from her licking it.) It doesn't really look like fresh trauma because of the way the wound has soft edges. Either way, it's a puncture would so try to keep it dry if you can.