Ho hum what to do for dinner?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I haven't tried that one yet, but I've been eyeing it and it's next on my list! The chicken pesto is sooo good, too. I tried a slice the first time we ate there and all I could say is, "This is SOOOO good!" over and over.

Surely there's a small "mom and pop" pizza place in your area that makes special pizzas?
There is a small pizza place nearby that does great pizzas, but now that the heartburn is kicking in, I don't really feel like pizza. Well, I would love some pizza, but I think it would make it worse. Bready/doughy things seem to make it worse.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Youve been rooting around the fridge?? With who? and how?

C'mon mate, you cant say that with fellow aussies on the board!

I was just going to say scrap everything and go for stirfry!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone else ever been to Apache Pizza in Dublin? It's not too far from Christchurch, as I recall. My brother and I ate there as often as we could on our Ireland/Scotland trip in 2001... just a hole in the wall, with tables and stools bolted to the floor in a basement "dining" room, but their pizza was thin and crispy and just great!

And there was a wonderful Italian restaurant in downtown Glasgow, too, but I don't remember the name, a fairly upscale place... they made me a fabulous foccacia-style pizza.

And long, long ago, in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., there was a tacky little Italian place called Gus's that had the most fantastic spaghetti and pizza ever! That was 38 years ago, and to this day, nobody else has come close!

Ah, Gus... where are you now, my friend?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Youve been rooting around the fridge?? With who? and how?

C'mon mate, you cant say that with fellow aussies on the board!
They make everything bigger in the US, including fridges

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had ravioli. Not great but it tasted yummy. This is what I am having tonight! and hte recipe as I have never had it before but it sounds so good!

Baked Shells with Bacon and Mozzarella

6 ounces medium pasta shells
1 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup sliced scallions
24 red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes
4 ounces canadian-style bacon (1/4 inch dice)
3 ounces part skim mozzarella shredded
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375

Boil noodles according to package

Heat oil til hot in large skillet over medium heat, add scallions and cook until wilted, add tomatoes and canadian bacon. Cook until bacon is heated and tomatoes are soft.

Toss cooked pastsa with tomatoes mixture and add 2/3 mozzarella add salt and pepper. Transfer to baking dish.

Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.