Hmm... Eat In Tax?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I called a friend who is a manager at McD's - it is tax no matter which it says - its just the cash registers don't allow them to make another line so it will say
Dine In - TAX = (amount) or Take Out - Tax = (amount) they just forgot the - between the two when they set up the registers... they just do it so employees know whether to use a tray or bag and have had loads of complaints about it so are changing the cash registers to a new type that allows them an extra line or adding a 'new food' with a value of $0 as the bottom line saying eat in / take out
Thanks!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends on your state, county, and city (and in this case, country). For instance, in Ohio you do not pay tax on take-out orders, or at least not on the thousands of them that I have rung up on a computer that does it automatically. But this is, apparently, different in other places. Just like you don't pay income tax in Florida, but most other states do.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

It really depends on your state, county, and city (and in this case, country). For instance, in Ohio you do not pay tax on take-out orders, or at least not on the thousands of them that I have rung up on a computer that does it automatically. But this is, apparently, different in other places. Just like you don't pay income tax in Florida, but most other states do.
I thought we didn't pay state tax? I'm lost

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it's the same thing. You mean, on your paycheck you get deductions for federal tax, soc. security, and maybe city tax, but not state of florida tax, right? That's what I mean too, the state of Florida does not tax your income. I suppose I could have said it more clearly.

I found the minutes from a Pinellas County board meeting that suggested charging an eat-in tax to fund programs for homeless people, last year. I'm not sure if it happened though.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

No, it's the same thing. You mean, on your paycheck you get deductions for federal tax, soc. security, and maybe city tax, but not state of florida tax, right? That's what I mean too, the state of Florida does not tax your income. I suppose I could have said it more clearly.

I found the minutes from a Pinellas County board meeting that suggested charging an eat-in tax to fund programs for homeless people, last year. I'm not sure if it happened though.
Nope no income tax, you're right.

I don't understand why they would tax homeless people for eating in. I mean, why tax them but not everyone else? They are humans too!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, charging everyone an eat-in tax to create extra money in order to fund programs for homeless people. Not charging the homeless people.