Hmm, can someone confirm? Long Haired Domestic Calico Torby?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nipples change for pregnancy, so that's not a heat sign.  And cats don't bleed in heat like dogs do - hence why you don't know when a girl is in silent heat, she's not doing the meowing, rolling around, putting her rump in the air, or getting excited by everything that brushes past her behind. 

Most vet clinics and shelters do have microchip scanners, so you are better off microchipping than not. Though by being careful there's no reason for a cat to escape.

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd call her patched torbie with white (short-haired.)  If I understand correctly, tortoiseshell or calico cats can be "with white."   Hmmm, now it is bugging me that I've never heard a word for a calico/tabby.  That would probably be the right word.  Calicabby?  Tabico?
Patched tabby is the same thing as tortie tabby. 

One US association uses Calico, the other doesn't. 

Calicabby and Tabico are not colours or patterns. 

A calico tabby is a torbie, patched tabby or tortie tabby. 

amyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Noo, my baby is female! But i have two boys, and i'll upload a picture when i get my laptop back coz its broke at the moment! And yup, shes named after Kat Von D, for the simple fact of we can just call het cat xD haha
my noys are Sullivan (jet black and Optimus (black and white)
,y boyfriend was never a cat person and he's 20, guess it takes the right 3 haha.
Good luck with your baby anyway, shes beautiful :)!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just having fun trying to make up a word for it.  :catguy:
That would be more appropriate outside the breeders section where correct terms are used, though cutesy names can be misleading and make people look foolish if they come across it online and think its a correct term

little kitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i believe you kitten would be considered a calico  tortie kittens do not have the the white fur and the colors run together  not in patches like the calico