Hm...which one to get...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucky luke

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The way I understood it, the nutritionist was an over the phone consult free of charge; and the vet only offered it because we (my spouse and I) were concerned with the little guy's weight.

The large cans (374g ones) aren't exactly precise on the portions either - one can per 3 kilos of weight? That's a lot of food for a kitten!

As far as Sasha goes; (and I agree that many things can change over the course of a few years) he had a complete physical a few years ago (long story). His liver and kidneys were fine, and he was diabetes-free. It wouldn't be a bad thing to have him tested; but the last time I wrestled him in the pet carrier, I got my forearms lacerated pretty bad...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke

The large cans (374g ones) aren't exactly precise on the portions either - one can per 3 kilos of weight? That's a lot of food for a kitten!
Kittens eat a lot more per weight than adult cats... almost double...
Keep that in mind - they need lots of fat and protein for muscle and brain development - they are mean calorie burning machines!

lucky luke

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Kittens eat a lot more per weight than adult cats... almost double...
Keep that in mind - they need lots of fat and protein for muscle and brain development - they are mean calorie burning machines!
You got that right!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
General rule of thumb for a kitten is 1 to 2 oz per lb per day... so you have a 6 lb 5-6 month old kitten ... 6-12 oz of canned food...

lucky luke

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

General rule of thumb for a kitten is 1 to 2 oz per lb per day... so you have a 6 lb 5-6 month old kitten ... 6-12 oz of canned food...
Thx...he's been paying more attention to Sasha's Senior food than to his kitten food...

Anyways, I've reintroduced Sasha to wet: Performatrin Ultra Chicken stew, which he seems to like; and which Tiggy also seems to like-better than his kitten food.

At Any rate, I serve them each a 5.5 oz can and leave them each a cup of their respective kibble...end of the day I have to throw out a portion of the wet food (left there to dry)...