Hitting the Gym- Your Daily Workout

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How's everyone doing at the end of this lovely week?

Today I did 25 minutes on the elliptical - non-stop, which is a first for me! Usually I have to slow down and go backwards for a couple minutes, but this time I didn't have to.
I also did leg weights and some arm weights!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangeishcat

How's everyone doing at the end of this lovely week?

Today I did 25 minutes on the elliptical - non-stop, which is a first for me! Usually I have to slow down and go backwards for a couple minutes, but this time I didn't have to.
I also did leg weights and some arm weights!
YAY Good for you!!!
. I, too, feel stronger after starting my fourth week of the Jillian Ripped DVD. I did go back to do Level 2 a few days ago just to see and I was able to do it fairly easily. So I am getting stronger. So far not much weight loss though. But I will keep at it, TEN pounds by end of July

moonstone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been weight training for many years
I did body building for about ten years and got quite BIG
but it didn,t go down too well with my husband
now i just do weights and ZUMBA
which is crazy and i love it
I love the feeling of strenght after a weights workout..amazing

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had to bump up this thread
because I have started a new, even tougher, killer workout. I must be absolutely crazy
. You all know that I was doing the Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30. Well, I saw an informercial on................................. INSANITY!!!!! Blows Jillian out of the water
So I got the whole thing, the DVD's, the calendar, the schedule and the book. This guy is AMAZING (and good looking
) and it is a great workout for guys and gals. It is a two month kick-a** workout. And I mean it. It is not for everybody that is for sure. Check it out. There is a short video on it scroll down a bit from the top and you will see it. I am so determined at my age, of 49, to get in the most incredible shape of my life by the time I am 50 in December.
I am determined and have been working out for many, many years so my body is fit, but I want to take it to the next level. And INSANITY will do it for me.
I realized after the first week of doing Insanity, that I had reached a plateau in my daily workouts and not getting results, just staying the same. This is taking me into new chartered territory and I have never sweat like this before. It truly is insane

http://xtremebodyfitness.com/insanity-workout.html

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Feralvr, don't be discouraged. You have most likely gained muscle, which does weigh more than fat. Don't become a slave to your new scale...the most important things are how your clothes fit, less "jiggle", losing inches, and HOW YOU FEEL!

I'm a new runner. After smoking for 17 years, and quitting in January of this year, I joined a gym immediately as a healthy distraction to my nicotine cravings. I couldn't run 2 minutes straight in the beginning. Last night, I ran over 4 miles in 45 minutes. At the end of July I'm running in my first 5k race. I do lots of other cardio, such as cycling, the elliptical trainer, stair climber, etc. I need to incorporate strength training...every woman NEEDS to. Whoever said that muscles and "guns" on a woman is unattractive? I think muscle definition looks great on women, and the more muscle we build, the more calories we burn all day long...I definitely need to get on it!

The other thing we need to always remember is that we will NEVER out-train our diets. It is 80% healthy diet and 20% exercise.

Congrats to all of you who are giving it your best shot, kicking butt outdoors, at home, in a class, or at the gym!
Check it out, Wookie
You might be determined enough to do this

http://xtremebodyfitness.com/insanity-workout.html

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ARRRGH! How is this?! My khakis don't fit at all anymore, they're too small! X.x I've been going to the gym regularly and I have very little 'jiggle' left, but... why don't they fit!
It's probably because I used that hip machine where you push out with your knees and ended up with a bit more muscle on top of the fat that's still hanging out.
I'm losing it all up top and not slimming down at all around my hips...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ARRRGH! How is this?! My khakis don't fit at all anymore, they're too small! X.x I've been going to the gym regularly and I have very little 'jiggle' left, but... why don't they fit!
It's probably because I used that hip machine where you push out with your knees and ended up with a bit more muscle on top of the fat that's still hanging out.
I'm losing it all up top and not slimming down at all around my hips...
Don't worry!!! You are losing from top to bottom.
And the muscle does weigh more than fat. I have not lost any weight
. But I do feel more fit and energetic, so something is working. Keep at it!!! The jiggle will diminish
Why is it that the jiggle can come on like gang-busters but trying to get the jiggle to go away is a battle. Just dig, dig, dig..... and keep up with your workouts

cat condos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I need to start working out to. I used to every day but have since gotten lazy about it.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought the zumba for playstation move and I am finally able to follow through with it, it is awesome I love the music! It's just s great way to stay active even if you are lazy that day...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very lazy today, but followed through with the INsanity, power cardio circuit today. Very tough. I feel like I am building muscle and not losing though. I know muscle weighs more than fat. I only have about a month before the family reunion. So I guess I better start watching calories more closely

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took a break yesterday and today- my legs hurt too much to keep going at anything. I think I need to re-evaluate my diet and add in more protein to keep my body from freaking out on me...
Breakfast casserole tomorrow!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I took a break yesterday and today- my legs hurt too much to keep going at anything. I think I need to re-evaluate my diet and add in more protein to keep my body from freaking out on me...
Breakfast casserole tomorrow!
re-evaluate my diet
.... I need to stop munching on those Chocolate Teddy Grahms
. I could eat a whole box in one sitting
!!!!!!!!!!! Breakfast casserole, what's in it? Sounds yummy

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/wake-up...le/detail.aspx

I used this recipe but modified it- I added crumbled sausage, onions, and green peppers to the mix. =D It's baking right now, so I'll let you know how it ends up tasting!
Oh that recipe sounds just heavenly!! Healthy too
Well, down to the dungeon for my workout this morning. Today is the Fit test, week two, of the Insanity workout. It really is nuts
......... but I am trying