History??

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If the Japanese were flying zebras over California, what were they dropping on the ships? I know what drops from zebras...ewww! No wonder we attacked them - what a mess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im just glad that the Russians, finally, fixed that image problem - it only took them 50 years!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"World War II became the Cold War, because Benjamin Franklin Roosevelt did not trust Lenin and Stalin. A ironed curtain fell across the haunches of Europe." "The ball of events and stoppers that were used to stop it from rolling only added to its momentum which kept it rolling." "Poland migrated toward the Atlantic Ocean." "The Marsha Plan put Europe back together with help from Konrad Adenauer, a French leader whose efforts led to the Communist Market." "The USSR and USA became global in power, but Europe remained incontinent." "Israel was founded despite the protests of local Arabs known as Zionists." "Berlin was airlifted westward and divided into pieces." "Wars fought in the 1950s and after include the Crimean War, Vietnam and the Six-Minute War. John F. Kennedy worked closely with the Russians to solve the Canadian Missile Crisis." "Yugoslavia's Toto became a non'eventualist communist. Hochise Min mounted the power curve in Viet Nam. Korea became a peninsula. Chairman Moo tried to forclothes all outside ideas in China." "The French Empire fell into total term-oil as they clutched painfully at remaining colonies in Argentina and the Far East." "Actually, the fall of empires has been a good thing, because it gives more people a chance to exploit their own people without outside interference." "The Civil Rights movement in the USA turned around the corner with Martin Luther Junior's famous 'If I Had a Hammer' speech. The wealing and dealing of President Lynda B. Johnson was another important factor." "Richard Nixon felt free to shed his morels after defeating Hubert Hoover. Famous women since the Second World War are Queen Victoria and India Gandy." "Mentally speaking, Russia had to reinvent itself. This introduced many western policies to Russia, such as the use of strippers at clubs."

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If these students could write this way on purpose, I'd like to become their agent!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"History grundled onward. International relationships moved to the broodle stage." "East and West made mends with each other. The Berlin Mall was removed. Many Eastern Europeans experienced a new form of arousal at this time." "Manifest Destiny is China yarning to embrace Thai Won as a kind of imperialist foreplay." "Rumania's Chou Tse Cu was deplaced from his pedisal. Yugoslavia moved toward the edge of its end, trebled and plunged into the bowels of deconstruction." "One major source of conflict since WWII has been Israel's relations with the Parisians. The Carter administration found itself face to face with this problem during the so-called Iran Hostess Crisis." "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication." :Corruption grew especially ripe in Zaire, where Mobutu was known to indulge in more than an occaisonal little armadillo." "Sub-Sonora Africa still counts many people treated like second hand citizens."

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grundled and broodle should be words. They sound wonderful. Who are we to twart creativity? I was sorry to hear that the Berlin Mall was moved before I got a chance to shop there...

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grundled and broodle sound like something out of Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky", don't they?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"The historicle period ended shortly after World War II-III. Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." "The public appears no brighter than aherd of lemmings spreading toward a cliff. Thus has our stream of conciousness developed a waterfall." "There has beena change of social seen. The last stage is us. We, in all humidity, are the people of currant times." "It is now the age of now. This concept grinds our critical, seething minds to a halt."

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're so right! I always thought currants were only good for my mother to use in jelly making.
Actually, you have to give this last kid some credit. If he/she could ease up a bit on his metaphors and learn to spell, he wouldn't be a bad writer.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At last, the end of the book. It is probably safe to assume that every American college freshman knows the following:
  • 2 George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, John Kennedy and Richard Nixon served as presidents of the US. Wahington was the first president and Lincoln also lived a long time ago, while the latter two were in the twentieth century.
  • 3 The US still suffers from the horrors of its slaveholding past, whenever that was. The Civil War, which took place sometime between 1750 and 1930, was mixed up with this.
  • 4 Adoplh Hitler (a foreigner of some kind) was a very bad man.
  • 5 There was at least one World War, but absolutely not more than three.
OOPS, somehow, I lost #1: At some point in the distant past, the US fought a war of independence against a major European or Asian power. A extraordinary Tea Party was a factor.