Hissy or maybe anyone!!!! HELP HELP!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she just used the litter and everything looks find in there, i have no idea what is going on. Going to call the vet tomorrow morning and hopefully she can get in!

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val:

I can't pin point what the problem is here, I don't think any of us exactly can, we are not vets and we are not there.
But about your food question, you asked if you had fed them too much of the new stuff.

Keep in mind that the time to switch is over at LEAST a week, you can and should do more if your cats often have problems switching foods, or if they are going through some other stressed out period in their life.

Me, the first day, I'll give them 3 or 5 peices by hand as a treat to see if they even like the new food. And then come supper time I'll sprinkle maybe 5-8 peices in their bowl the first night.
And the following morning I'll move up to around 8-10 peices, the coming night will be about 12-15 peices. So on and so forth.
I like to keep a strict guard on how much I'm feeding. This way if something does go down and the vet asks "how much are you feeding" I don't have to estimate "ohh about a cup a day".
I've been feeding these 2 foods for about a week now, and today they are getting about 13 peices of their OLD food, and the rest is all new.

Of course, this can varie depending on the size of the cat, how much they eat in one sitting etc. Just a little guide line to how I keep on top of it.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope SnowWhite is OK! I was reading about Anal Gland Secretion. Each time your cat defecates a little bit of fluid comes out of their anus. They say when the fluid comes out, it's to mark their territory. She could have an infection in her anal sacs so you need to see a vet. My male cat Peppurr used to mark his territory with his butt! The fluid was really stinky!

I hope everything goes well for SnowWhite and the kittens!

Prayers for a great appointment! (((((Hugs)))))

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Val... I don't know anything about this problem, but I sure hope the Vet could see her today! Any word? Snowwhite and her kitties are in my prayers!