Hissy Needs our Feedback! (It's beautiful!!!)

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My client called and he got his cues. Someone opened the package, removed both cues from the mailing tube took them out of the bag they were in, took out all the packing material that was in there and put the cues back in the tube pushed the bags down in the bottom, placed the sticks back in the tube (bare) put one end cap on the tube- taped the other end!
ran a stapler through the one end cap, also stapling the cue inside the tube! When Dave got his package the one cue was sticking out of the taped end (that cue- the buddha is totally ruined) it had gotten wet and bent! The other cue was salvageable but not great!
He did like the scrim though. We have started a damage claim against UPS.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant stand UPS! I ordered something from them and I waited for so long for the package, it never came so I called the dealer of the product I ordered and he said that he had sent it off, so he called them and he said that they were waiting for us to pick up the package! We never got any notification that we had to pick it up. So they had to reimburse on the postage. I sure hope that they will step up and take responsibility on the damage that they made on your beautiful pieces of work. I dont blame you on feeling p.... off.
Why the heck did he take the packaging out anyway????

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My thoughts are this:

Someone saw on the form that I had written 2 custom pool cues, because you have to describe the contents of the package. I insured the package for $2,000.00 Maybe they wanted to see it, opened it in a hurry and was close to getting caught which is why they put them back not in the protective cloth bags and with the packing material around them, maybe then they lost the end cap and had to improvise with tape??? I don't know, but I am heartsick for David, all his hard work and now he has to wade through the red tape to get any money for what they destroyed.

sarah brown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by LDG
For some reason when Hissy posts this pic it doesn't show up, so I'm giving it a try.

Apparently this is the latest work in progress - a pool cue! She'd like some feedback before she details it out.

I think it's beautiful - what do you think?
I think it is lovely. You are very talented. Do you draw cats too? (smiles) Sarah from Ohio I sure hope UPS gets it good. Sorry your hard work was destroyed. Hopefully he understands and you continue to have a good business relationship.

sandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hissy -

You are SO talented! That is a beautiful work of art. I also am not really into snakes, but it is fabulous.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor David....how discouraging is that??? I would be livid. Sending (((hugs))) to both of you.

UPS should be ashamed to be running a business like that.

I hope you guys win big against them....

Personally, this is one person that will never use them to send ANYTHING....ya hear me UPS????

Fed-Ex, Loomis....you've got yourself a permanent customer here. I have never had that kind of problem with them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sad end to this tale!!!!!!! How frustrating.

BUT - more importantly - WHAT DID HE THINK OF THE ARTWORK? I thought we weren't going to know until Monday, and I've been waiting patiently.

So SPILL.

??????????

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! He loved the artwork Laurie! He said the Buddha was very zen-like and he wished the snakes had been real and bit the person who messed with the whole package. But, I have to do the snakes over again for him, because they too are ruined. Some sort of black stuff got all over the cue. He is waiting for the inspector to come out tomorrow and then he will buff off all my designs and send it back to me. Now that we missed the boat, he wants snakes on the other ivory inlays as well. Plus he said I am not charging enough for my work- I charge $35.00 per square inch- he is going to pay me $50.00 per square inch! Looks like I got the job- he says he sees great things in this partnership in the future!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is wonderful news (about his being impressed and upping your price!)

I hope whoever damaged the package will be reprimanded for doing this!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad to hear he liked the artwork! But I am sorry to hear what the UPS people did! I would be livid, after all your hard work! They should pay you the 2,000 that they were insured for!!!!