Hissing at only 8 weeks???

alexia29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
     I just realized today that my cat hisses at his siblings at times or sometimes the other ones will hiss back is that normal being that there so young??.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's not uncommon at all... They're just sorting things out

Just pet them and play with them all together and they'll settle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexia29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh like a dominance thing?. Otherwise then that there very playful sometimes too playful lol

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a foster litter that came to me with their mom when they were three days old.  From the beginning, one of the kittens would start hissing every time I came into the room!  He was a feisty little thing.  His adoptive mom tells me he's really laid back now.  I guess he was just asserting himself.

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My little guy is such a loudmouth that he got driven out of his litter lol. we just brought him in from outside after he moved onto our back porch. He's 10 weeks, the vet thinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexia29

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little guy is such a loudmouth that he got driven out of his litter lol. we just brought him in from outside after he moved onto our back porch. He's 10 weeks, the vet thinks
lol mine can be sometimes when they wine for food

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol mine can be sometimes when they wine for food
I know...Little guy's got a mouth on him that you'd think would belong to a 15lb cat! lol. fist time I fed the outside cats, he took the can in his teeth, walked of with it, and clawed anyone that came near it....I had to bring out another can for the rest of the litter to eat. After that I learned to put out a large plate of food, and spread the food all over the plate.