Hissing And Head Bunts?

ashwicker96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I have two kitties! Moose, a 12lb Tabby and our new addition Luna, 6lb gray goddess.
We’ve recently started introducing Luna to Moose and she has started doing something I’ve never seen before. We usually start Luna out in a room and comfort her before Moose comes in. What happens is Luna will hiss at him and then immediately run up and head butt and rub on his face and body. Is this normal? I’ve never had a cat interact that way before.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's cute. All cats are different and "normal" is hardly relevant. She is hissing at him as a caution but then realizes he is not a threat. Remember they communicate through these hisses, growls, swats even. It can even look a bit scary when they start playing and acting crazy. You didn't mention their ages but they will have to learn from each other, learn behavior and boundaries. This is all normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashwicker96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thank you! Moose is 5 and she’s a year and a half. We wanted to get a companion that would bring Moose out of his shell a bit and it’s worked so well. They’ve been playing and cuddling like they’ve known each other for years!