Hind Area Trembling = Contractions?

Ebsyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Morning All,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but I've combed through these forums and couldn't find anything.

I have a pregnant feral in my house that I am fostering. She’s not very friendly and so my trying to figure out if we are heading into labor are just limited to physical signs. I’ve had her for over two weeks though, so I’ve gotten a good feel for her usual routine that we’ve established.

Yesterday, she took some coaxing to eat, which I know can be a sign. I also caught her momentarily licking her leg, which I know can be an indication of pain. No restlessness, no pacing. No checking out the nesting boxes I’ve setup for her.

So, I sat around and hung out while reading my phone as I always do with her. Just to be in her space so she knows me.

As she slept on the window ledge, I noticed that her legs were slightly moving back and forth. They weren’t going along with her breathe. It was like her hind area/vulva was having contractions and moving. But, the other half of her was completely asleep.

My question is could this be a pre-labor sign? Or is this part of just uterine dilation? I saw zero discharge and no evidence of any on the window seals or blankets that she has.

Thank you to everyone in advance! I have a video that I took last night if that would help anyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ebsyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I have read and re-read them several times. We have everything setup for her. She's in a different room, two nesting boxes, heating pads, on kitten food with kitten/mother prepped and ready to go, gloves, scales, milk replacement and everything. We just need some kittens to appear!