Himalayan kitten born brown

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I don't breed Pointed's - too much humming over the colours.

Although I have to admit sometimes cameos are hard to "diagnose"

Yes, a picture would be lovely!

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kitten is likely a seal point Himmie...seals are born a darker colour than flames and any dilutes. Your flame point male is a dominant {non-dilute} colour of himmy...red point, in other words. {The dilute version of red/flame is cream}. Your blue point female is a dilute colour {blue is the dilute of seal}. Non-dilute, also called dominant, is dominant over dilute. When you crossed these two cats, the kitten inherited a non-dilute gene from the father and a gene for blue/seal, and a dilute gene, from the mother. The non-dilute {dominant} gene was expressed and acted upon the seal/blue to make the kitten seal. This resulted in a seal point kitten.

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do. I've been on hiatus, admittedly because ringworm broke out in my cattery and I had to stop breeding while I worked on eradicating it. I am now however expecting two new litters from two beautiful moms, Merrytree Katie and Thia Tory of Merrytree.

I wasn't actually going to post here again today, but the topic caught my eye, I love trying to solve genetic puzzles. I work with CPC's so have had a few Himmy babies before, so I figured I could make an input. The two Himmies I have had were both seal lynx points and they were born a sandy brown.

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
http://www.geocities.com/merrytreecats

This page is a little outdated, since my white female is now spayed and my silver tabby male is now an adult cat. Hm...should update it...

Do you have pics? I'd love to see your kitties too!

Ringworm is possibly the worst experience I have ever been through in my whole life, certainly the worst thing in my recent memory.