Hill's Science Diet Adult Dry (optimal Care) Packaging

leeannintx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, cat community - Does anyone have experience with both the 7-lb and 16-lb bags of Hills Science Diet Adult Optimal Care dry food?

I may switch to getting the larger bags, but I would like to make sure the plastic packaging is the same on both sizes. When my Ferdinand was on the kitten food from Hill's, and I switched to a bigger bag, it seemed he didn't care for it, and I'm wondering if the packaging they use on the larger bags is different or has an odor he did not like. Just a theory.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure but he may have just lost interest in the food. It happens.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can't imagine the packing would change the taste, but if you have any doubts, contact the company and ask if no one here responds to your very specific question.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leeannintx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, fellow cat lovers. I also contacted Hill's and wanted to share what they said: "We are happy to hear that your cats enjoy their food. The two different size bags should not have an odor difference, so they should not be reluctant to want to eat the food from the larger bag."

They're also mailing me some coupons for contacting them!

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try some other food besides Hills then. It’s not very high quality food anyway.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi, fellow cat lovers. I also contacted Hill's and wanted to share what they said: "We are happy to hear that your cats enjoy their food. The two different size bags should not have an odor difference, so they should not be reluctant to want to eat the food from the larger bag."

They're also mailing me some coupons for contacting them!
I'm glad you got your answer, plus coupons.