Hilarious.... haha

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was pumping gas on my way home from work today and an ambulance and two cop cars head over to Wal-Mart... I make the comment to the person next to me about " Oh it's the 1984 Cabbage Patch Doll riots all over again" She laughed so hard...

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

I was pumping gas on my way home from work today and an ambulance and two cop cars head over to Wal-Mart... I make the comment to the person next to me about " Oh it's the 1984 Cabbage Patch Doll riots all over again" She laughed so hard...
OMG I made my nan get me a cabbage patch, was a bit after 1984 here when we had the "riots" I think I was about 5 but she did and she got me one
she's still got it.x

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cabbage Patch riot was before I was born, but I've been hearing a lot about it (and have heard about it in the past) now with the new Cabbage Patch thing coming out.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Cabbage Patch riot was before I was born, but I've been hearing a lot about it (and have heard about it in the past) now with the new Cabbage Patch thing coming out.
oooh what new cabbage patch? x

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

OMG I made my nan get me a cabbage patch, was a bit after 1984 here when we had the "riots" I think I was about 5 but she did and she got me one
she's still got it.x
I had the cabbage patch twins
I was prolly 7-8ish I would think.
I love how they are back in style now.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never liked them always wanted the life like babys and grandmother kept buying me those cabbage kids...I would put them down the sealed up laundry chute lmao.

When I worked toys r us those things gave us heck cause the boxes would not stack up neatly and high enough(overstock-shelves above the main item display shelf area

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I was working at K-Mart at the time. I was so tired of telling people on the phone that we didn't have any and that I didn't know when the next shipment was. When we did get them, it was maybe 5-10 at a time. The Care Bears were almost as bad.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny!!

I had a Cabbage Patch kid when I was little! I loved him!
His name was "Jeffrey" - can't remember if that was his origional name or something I came up with. He's in a closet at my mom's place, I plan to pass him down someday if I have children!

I thought this was an interesting read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage_Patch_Kids

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know mine is either in my attic or my mothers. I didn't like the tattoo on it's hind end. I thought it was mean. LOL! It's actually dressed in one of my sleepers from when I was a baby.
I remember thinking my cousin's got better ones than me. Mine had this little tuft of hair on top of it's head. My cousin's were the spoiled brats who would throw a fit if they didn't get things the way they wanted it. Everyone knew I'd behave so I always got the version of the toys/clothes/etc...usually in yellow or green because my cousins had to have the pink and blue....that they would have thrown fits over. Wow...didn't realize I'm still so salty over it all! LOL! Don't worry; my cousin's managed to grow up to be decent adults! LOL!

I do also have my Care Bear (the yellow one....LOL!) but I think someone made mine for me.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never managed to get a CP kid when I was little........ As an adult, I started collecting them though....I have a couple in almost mint condition, but the rest are slightly loved....have @ 200 .......