hii.. i got her 1.5 years back..she is a rescue at my neighbourhood..posting a video and few pics pl

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is a Turkish Van we cant know, probably not.  But I would easily get her a job as a stand in for one, if I were making a movie with a TV as one of the characters.... :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sayani sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I cant get  your answer.. can u please explain with reasons if she is and if she is not.. Thank you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful! But as with any cat, without pedigree papers it doesn't matter if she is a purebred or not, you need papers to prove it. So like the 99% of cats that are out there and do not have papers she would be considered to be domestic medium haired calico with white. She looks like a Turkish van, but with that big tail and beautiful face with the little tuft on the end of her ears she could have some Maine Coon in her too. I can't believe that with her unusual coloring and beautiful face she was a stray at all, you are so fortunate to have her in your life! 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

sorry cant your answer.. can u please explain with reasons if she is and if she is not.. Thanks
You are a breed, if you have the papers and certificate from a recognized association for the cat.   Or at least, if you have a known and solid background.

To be a somewhat look alike is not enough.

Say, if Im somewhat a look alike to President  Obama, its not the same as  Im mr Obama.   Im at best a look alike, and may perhaps get work as a stand in for him.

I must have suitable documents and birth certificates to demand Im in fact  Obama, even if its not me whom is the President.    :)

Yours nice and sweet cat looks much alike a TV, but if she is, we cant know.

After all, that pattern isnt unusual, but the breed is pretty rare...

sayani sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

She is absolutely beautiful! But as with any cat, without pedigree papers it doesn't matter if she is a purebred or not, you need papers to prove it. So like the 99% of cats that are out there and do not have papers she would be considered to be domestic medium haired calico with white. She looks like a Turkish van, but with that big tail and beautiful face with the little tuft on the end of her ears she could have some Maine Coon in her too. I can't believe that with her unusual coloring and beautiful face she was a stray at all, you are so fortunate to have her in your life! 
yes..Thank you di and bob for such compliments.. u said it correct.. I am fortunate to have her.. She is my best possible pet..Nature has sent her to me for her protection.not only she looks like turkish van her personality and characteristics evreything matches with TV.. I thought may be this forum would help me to recognise her.She is the rarest cat I have seen in my whole region. But yes as u said without any papers her breed is unknown.. I consider her as TV with such 100% resemblance with beauty as well as brains.. once again thank you.. :) 

sayani sen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

You are a breed, if you have the papers and certificate from a recognized association for the cat.   Or at least, if you have a known and solid background.

To be a somewhat look alike is not enough.

Say, if Im somewhat a look alike to President  Obama, its not the same as  Im mr Obama.   Im at best a look alike, and may perhaps get work as a stand in for him.

I must have suitable documents and birth certificates to demand Im in fact  Obama, even if its not me whom is the President.    :)

Yours nice and sweet cat looks much alike a TV, but if she is, we cant know.

After all, that pattern isnt unusual, but the breed is pretty rare...
Yes i got your point thoroughly..Thank you for appreciation of my kitty.I wanna say that she is just not a look-alike of TV but her top to bottom every characteristics matches to it like as you see her aim for heights, independent nature doing her own bit, sleeps in front of the washroom in hot days , doesnt come to lap, intelligency of investigating things and needs new toys with different vocalizations at different requirements.. she will remain a eye candy and sit beside you..hahaa.. still deprived of having papers and officially being called TV. I cherish her as a TV informally.. :)