Highly furious!!(long, sorry)

kelleylove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of all, GOOD FOR YOU Sanctie! I would do exactly the same thing as you have done.

One thing you have to watch for now though, now that you have "committed theft" I'd be very careful about nosing around this woman's business too much. I like the idea of getting some of your friends to "help you out" - that way it takes the focus off of you alone, and she can't pinpoint you as the potential "theif." I hate even using that word because what you did was absolutely the morally RIGHT thing to do. There is no excuse for this woman's nastiness, especially when the kitties pay for it with their LIVES! How disgusting is that!! At least don't make yours the only face she associates with this whole thing....

Oh yeah, and ditto about the latex gloves!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she returns with more traps, instead of taking them, chain then to the nearest tree or fence and give the keys to the folks that are trying to save them. You are not destroying the traps, or even removing the traps, they are being used for the good of the kitties. More traps, more kitties and she will not be able to remove the traps to take them to the pound, the nice people will have the keys.
You can buy multiple locks with the same key so they can be accessed quickly(no fumbling for the right key) and take less time to remove. You may also want to let the good guys know that they should arrive really early in the morning as the kitties will most likely be in the cages shortly after sunset or sunrise. Less time in the trap means less stress for the kitty.

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^^ Just make sure none of them are rats

If she just isn't going to stop you could try bashing the traps in with a baseball bat or the like. It kind of conveys the thought that you aren't kidding around.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a horrid witch! I'm so glad you've been setting the traps off and then stealing them - that's precisely the course of action I would have taken. Highly risky, but damnit it was the right thing. Yes, latex gloves.
I would also have added a highly illegal bear-trap to her front door to see how she liked it. Perhaps you should take her hostage and take her to a GP and tell them she's yours and you want her euthanised. Put the fear of God in her
I'm sorry, that's really horrid of me, but oooo she makes me so angry! Perhaps you shold ask the other owners what her name is - I'm sure they'll have details that would be useful to you.

Remember, it's not too late to invest in a good pair of strong handcuffs. Could you make a citizen's arrest for cruelty to animals? If you can have it backed up with evidence, might that be a possibility?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I somehow missed this thread...what an evil, evil woman!!