High quality kitten food?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Queen Eva is currently being fed Purina Kitten Chow kibble, because that's what she was being fed before.

Once her parasite issues are resolved I'd like to get her on something else, preferably a canned diet.

I picked up some cans of Fancy Feast kitten the other day in anticipation, but does any other brand have canned kitten food.

She may well have to do on the Fancy Feast for a while because this rescue has been very costly so far, but I hope to be able to afford something better for her in a few months.

When she grows up I will hopefully just feed her a combination of what Tolly eats (Innova Flex canned chicken and brown rice) and what Jennie eats (Wellness canned grain free chicken) to keep life as simple as possible.

by the way I have no petsmart or other chain pet supply store where I live. Just the feed store, and I don't remember ever seeing any kitten foods there, but I wasn't looking....

Thanks for any suggestions!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See what the feed store has in stock and ask what they'd be willing to get for you. Wellness does make a canned kitten food, Innova does all stage, and the occasional can of what you're already feeding would be fine for a kitten. You could supplement with some kitten dry from the same brands, again, if the store has it.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed Wellness kitten grain free as well as Innova EVO Cat/Kitten food. We get the Innova EVO from the feed store and Wellness from PetCo. If the feed store carries any of the Innova foods, they should be able to order the cat/kitten food for you.

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup, I fed Wellness kitten formula before.
If you want to switch to Wellness, it might be helpful to give a small portion first to see how your cat takes it. Wellness kitten formula is very rich. One of my cat would get watery dirrahea when he got Wellness kitten formula at 3 months old.