High dangerous perch! maybe 9 lives will save him?!

debbiegarland

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat LOVES being up anywhere high.  But recently he has found a new high perch which I really do not think is safe but I have no way of stopping him. It's kinda hard to describe but there is a ledge about waist level and he jumps from this waist level ledge up to  a much higher ledge that is kinda thin-and if he were to lose balance and fall on the opposite side he would fall a good distance maybe like 15 feet down onto the stairs.  Sorry I can't describe it well but basically he has access to a high level ledge that I can't find an effective way to block off.  Of course I can always take him down but what about when i'm not home? 

I guess my question is would my cat be able to survive a fall like this?  And he is pretty agile-what are the chances he would even fall?

Anyways it just makes me SO nervous! I have tried to block it off, but no matter what I always find him sitting on that ledge! I also feel a little bad taking him away from the ledge because he absolutely loves it-probably because there is a window there that he can watch with lots of birds.  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you considered installing a cat shelf there? Then he could still sit in his favorite spot and you'd feel better. win-win.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debbiegarland

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Have you considered installing a cat shelf there? Then he could still sit in his favorite spot and you'd feel better. win-win.
Oh I never thought of that.  I'll definitely look into that!!