Hidden Talents and What you like about yourself?

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I have a burp recorded! I just don't know how to post it

Got it!
http://media.putfile.com/burp1-33

http://media.putfile.com/burp2-37

Funny!!!!!
I can't stop giggling!

Wow, hidden talents... I have tongue talents, too. I can cloverleaf, roll my tongue, flip my tongue, unwrap candies in my mouth, and tie cherry stems into knots with my tongue.

I can sing decently. I can draw fairly well. I can write fairly well. I can make pretty much anything out of cloth or wood. Basically, if it involves creativity, I can do it. Maybe I am not the MOST amazing, but... probably above average anyway. Maybe I will post a drawing sometime!

Of all of my features, I like my hair the best.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone here is so funny!
There sure is a lot of talent here!

Wish I had something interesting... As it is:

Hidden talents: I am NOT flexible, but am slightly double jointed. I can bend my legs and sit in ways that make people go
Though I still don't see what the big deal is!
I can also reach every spot on my back with one (and of course both) hand. Poor hubby, I never have to ask him to unzip me!

I may have one or two other odd ball things that I can't think of now.

Things I like about me: My hair when it's in a good mood. It comes off looking brown, but I think I actually have every color hair on my head! Seriously, silver, brown, blond, black, red- I have them all. And my eyes, they are multi-colored. Brown and Green. The inside by the iris is brown, the outside by the whites is green. Sometimes they look all brown, sometimes all green, and sometimes hazel. It's fun!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittKatt gave me an idea for this thread.
HaHa! That's funny!
Because I was thinking of starting a thread like this too, after I posted the other one. But you beat me to it!

I don't think I really have any hidden talents, but I do have a "way" with cats.
My s/o (and others) always tell me I have the "meowmy touch". Like, for example, the other day Cassidy (one of the kittens) got outside, and ran under the porch. I didn't think I'd be able to coax her back out b/c I figured she'd be terrified, but after about half an hour, I was able to convince her to come to me.
And I didn't even have to "bribe" her with tuna!

I think my best feature is my hair: it's long & dark auburn (well, it was, anyway - till I got old, that is!
), and thanks to Miss Clairol, I can still keep it that way!
I also don't look my age (not one wrinkle yet!
), and I don't "act" my age (meaning I'm still young at heart). I have a good sense of humor (even if it is a little "warped" at times
), and I'm a good-hearted person. I'd rather give than receive.
(not that I'd ever turn down a nice piece of jewelry!
).

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have a tongue circus
I can do various things with it like clovering it, flipping it, rolling it...etc...
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Not to be too rude, but I bet your fiance likes that!

Oh my gosh y'all are too much!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

^If I remember correctly, your personality is INTJ - correct?

Sorry to everyone else about this going off topic. But you've just witnessed our "talent" so to speak. Find a subject and the time, and I bet we could both do this for hours.
yup, that's me - love to talk! [or type
]

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I remembered one - probably why I'm so popular with cats. I can imitate just about any type of meow. I've called numerous lost and feral kittens to me with my momma cat call. I'm sure everyone knows that the meow - the "I'm upset, come to me right now kittens".
..I can only imagine what neighbors think when they hear me.

I can also coo like a morning dove, including the little patterns and inflictions on their coos.

Still can't think of a good physical feature, having people tell me I look 17 isn't that great.
I guess I'd say my mind - even though I'm losing it.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

KittKatt gave me an idea for this thread.

What is your hidden talent?
It can be anything!

And what is it that you like about yourself? Hair, eyes, personality.... what is it?

My hidden talents are I can burp
Yes, I can out burp a sailor on a Friday night
I'm not embarrassed about it either
And I've passed the talent on to my 2 sons.

What about you?
I can out belch most guy friends I know...at the college I attended, I swear, most of the girls could blech louder and longer than most guys...we'd sit around in the lounges and drink soda, or carbonated water, and have contests and on choir tours, you could bet that there were plenty of 'gaseous' explosions during those 12 hour drives to our next concert

Other hidden talents...hmmm...I've been called a 'horse whisperer' before...does that count? It's not really hidden though, as I will play with any horse I can get my hands on...

What I love about myself?

Well I also hate this aspect of myself too, but I never quit; I've gotten better at saying "no" over the years, but whether it's grooming dogs, working with stubborn teens, wrestling with those same teens, etc, I don't like to give up...even if what I am doing is burning me out, or causing me pain.

Other people hate that I am extremely intuitive...not much gets by me, even if I don't 'admit' to you that I know you're pulling my chain...I guess my expression gives me up most of the time.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, I remembered one - probably why I'm so popular with cats. I can imitate just about any type of meow.

That's one of my "talents", too. I can imitate the 'cat fight' meow really well: when I do it, my furbies think that the cats outside are fighting, and run to the windows to check it out.

..I can only imagine what neighbors think when they hear me.
My s/o cracks up when I do it. I haven't asked the neighbors what they think, though. But they already know that I'm the crazy cat lady, so what's the point?

Still can't think of a good physical feature, having people tell me I look 17 isn't that great.
What's wrong with that?!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

What's wrong with that?!
I'm 25, I don't want to be mistaken for a teenager.
Maybe I'll look 25 when I'm 33...

I have an aunt who really aged well, the last time I seen her was 2 years ago and she still didn't look like she was in her 40s. My mother didn't look her age the last time I seen her, but then she smokes so she probably doesn't look as young as she could if she took better care of herself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have to add something here....

Tonight I was sitting on the porch with some friends. It was just after dark and Justice (my 10yr old) came outside and belted out the biggest burp!

Anyways,
I about fell off the chair laughing because I literally watched 2 neighbors turn thier porch lights on and look out the windows

I was sooooooo proud!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm 25, I don't want to be mistaken for a teenager.
Maybe I'll look 25 when I'm 33...
Well, I'll be 50 in 3 days, but most peeps tell me I don't look any older than 35-40. I kinda like it!
Maybe you'll change your mind about it when your MY age..

My mother didn't look her age the last time I seen her, but then she smokes so she probably doesn't look as young as she could if she took better care of herself.
I smoke
and I'm not defending it b/c I think it's a nasty habit myself.
But not all peeps who smoke look older than they really are.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, I have to add something here....

Tonight I was sitting on the porch with some friends. It was just after dark and Justice (my 10yr old) came outside and belted out the biggest burp!

Anyways,
I about fell off the chair laughing because I literally watched 2 neighbors turn thier porch lights on and look out the windows

I was sooooooo proud!
I wonder.
Would you have been as proud of her if the noise came out the other end??

We're a sick bunch, all right.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Well, I'll be 50 in 3 days, but most peeps tell me I don't look any older than 35-40. I kinda like it!
Maybe you'll change your mind about it when your MY age..

I smoke
and I'm not defending it b/c I think it's a nasty habit myself.
But not all peeps who smoke look older than they really are.
same here, on both accounts - except i was 50 this past February.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hidden talent?

I can make ANY cat who comes to my house virtually unadoptable!

I love my hair.