Hidden litter box!

sparklexo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just ordered one that looks like a large potted plant, but is really a litter box! I'm pretty excited haha, despite the fact that this thing was like $60
 I have a good amount of space but I'm just so tired of looking at the kitty litter, it's depressing almost. I think it'll double as a decor element and really tie the room together. Anyone have one of these? Or have any other lame yet extremely exciting kitty purchases they'd like to share?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never seen anything like that!  I've seen cabinet/buffet type things to hide the box in but that's it.  DH wants one because right now the litter box sits in front of the dryer and things get dropped in it.  I don't think it's lame or anything; but we've had 2 Litter Maid boxes now and the girls have a fountain to drink from.  That saves me from having them splash all the time!  We also have a nice sized cat tree; but I got a deal on that on Ebay. We just replaced the litter box within the last year because the cord that retracts the scooper part wouldn't fully retract.  But the fountain and cat tree have lasted us quite a while.  At this hour I'm not sure when we bought them; but over 5 years ago.  Maybe 6-7?  I need some sleep!!

Let us know what your kitty thinks of the new box set up!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen those and they look nice. When my sister redid her kitchen, she had a large pantry cabinet made to match the existing cabinets....her house is circa 1870s, something like that, so it's pretty old. The new pantry cabinet has an opening at the side for the bottom to be a litter box. The opening is large enough for their biggest cat to go through and the little door opens for her to scoop and to take the box in and out for cleaning. If you didn't know it was a litter box area, you wouldn't know. It's really nice.

When we do our bathroom over, we're going to steal her idea for a cabinet/litter box in the bathroom.

We have a litter box bench in our kitchen. It looks like a large toy box, covered with carpet. The top opens up to scoop and to take out the litter box inside....we use a large Sterlite tote in there (BooBoo likes to really arch his butt when he pees and it goes way out over sometimes). The opening for the cats is at the one end. And the cats can lay on top of the bench, look outside to the back yard and watch the birds and critters. We got it from Foster and Smith many years ago.

Pictures, please!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparklexo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahh that was my other option! I could've gotten a bench or storage box looking one, but I already have real decorative storage boxes in every room (strategically hiding all my clutter, haha) so I didn't want to add another one. I figured the plant was discreet enough that no one would ever guess it's a litter, and it can add some pizazz to the room at the same time. I hope it looks like the pictures! And I hope she actually uses it
 It hasn't arrived yet but it's in transit so it should come next week, I'll definitely post some pics when I set it all up!