Hiccups!!???

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed this ever for the first time in a lifetime of living with cats. Little Mojo, after a particular active bout of play, settled down against me and for a couple of minutes was having obvious hiccups. It only lasted a minute or two but if freaked me out, especially since he just got his first booster yesterday, and I was thinking it was an allergic reaction or something. He seemed fine during the very brief hiccup session and he is back to tormenting Dusky (do kittens ever sleep???) but it was a first for me. Anyone ever noticed this before?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen this before
. Maia regularly hiccup/burps after eating! I sometimes give her pats on the back over my shoulder to help release the ingested air.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

temperpolk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course, now it makes sense. I guess playing so hard, he must have swallowed a lot of air or something. Thanks for the tip on patting the back. I guess all babies are the same after all, human or feline

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by temperpolk

Of course, now it makes sense. I guess playing so hard, he must have swallowed a lot of air or something. Thanks for the tip on patting the back. I guess all babies are the same after all, human or feline
Funny thing is Maia is definitely not a baby anymore, she is almost 4 and regularly does this! First kitty I have had to "burp"!