Hi!

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I haven't been on this site in a really long time! I also haven't had a kitten in a really long time and I just adopted a 10/12 week old kitten yesterday! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, especially introducing him to my 3 large dogs, 2 have lived with cats before, the other hasn't, but I did take him with me to the rescue to see how he would interact and he was good, very interested, but in a good way.

Even though its hasnt even been 24 hours and yesterday he sort of hid in his room, this morning however when I woke up I heard him meowing and I went in and he ran up to me, making me pet and cuddle him while purring like crazy. He didnt hide and followed me all around the room, even asking me to pick him up. Since he seems comfortable with me and comfortable in his room, I was thinking later today I might take the dogs in (one at a time, and on a leash) inside to just sit on the floor so he is use to them being there and see what happens.

Poor baby must have been lonely last night, first night away from his siblings,all alone in the room and I'd like to give him the option of leaving his room, only if he wants. But I know that takes time. I have a way to block the room from the dogs but give him the option to hop over a barrier, but I'll wait on that till him and the dogs are very comfortable around each other.
But any tips would be great.

I'll post pics soon!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! I'd love to see pictures of your new kitty! I don't have any experience introducing a cat to dogs, (I've only read about cat to cat introductions online), but someone else will probably be able to help you out there.

See you around! :hellocomputer: