hi tour food

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone has used this brand? I was in a pet store recently and the guy was saying this is a good alternative to Hill's Science Diet c/d. I'm looking for something with better ingredients to the Hill's that is suitable for a cat with UTI problems.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
don't believe I have ever heard of it, is that spelled correctly? I tried to google it but no luck.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Just wondering if anyone has used this brand? I was in a pet store recently and the guy was saying this is a good alternative to Hill's Science Diet c/d. I'm looking for something with better ingredients to the Hill's that is suitable for a cat with UTI problems.
I havent heard fo either but here are the things you need from the vet... max and min ash % , max phosphorus% max magnesium% and what type of crystals as a few brands out there are certified for the sturite urinary issues over the counter ... Rx wise Ivd and Waltham are good to look up as usually there ingrediants are "better" than Hills

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you mean Hi-Tor? That's the closest thing I could find?
If so, the ingredients look pretty terrible. (Water, Meat By-Products are the first two ingredients).

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of urinary problems does he have? The majority can be managed with almost any canned food. Avoiding dry food is definitely important.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the replies!
Umm, I think I did mispell it
So no rave reviews then.
It's about half the cost of Hill's and that got me enthusiastic as I do have to worry about my budget. I'll check out the Ivd & Walthams, and keep looking I guess.