Hi to everyone

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I would like to introduce myself and my cats. As my username shows, my mame is Alejandra, but everybody calls me Alex. I'm from Spain, where I live, and I will be 28 eight on Saturday.
This is my lovely, yet kinda weird, Raisylin, a persian x. Believe it le notifica, a friend of my mother was given a very expensive purebreed persian female and she let her go in and out of her home without neutering her. Needless to say, the mother is perfectly healthy whereas my poor ball of fur has urinary problems. He is nine years old, extremelly shy with known people and animals and a ninja master of vanishing with unkown ones.
We also have Bichisoise,a siamese cros (or not, as in my neighbourhood there were some purebreed siamese cats which were aloud to move around freely), which is way more sociable with the rest of the family. Needless to say, both boys where spayed as soon as the vet found it safe. We are not seeing any feral cats for some years now, so I think my neighbours finally are doing things with more responsability.
There you can see Bichi with Alice, my bengal cros rescued girl... She died eight months ago when she was just two, and I still miss her as I would miss a hand or a leg. She was the most devote pet I've ever had, she huged me (no other cat that I know do hug their humans), groomed my hair, enter the shower when I was having a shower and many other tender details. She kinda tolerated the rest of the world, but could be extremelly agressive, though I think it might be because she was living in a garbage container for some weeks until we noticed her.
I thought she was the ugliest cat on Earth when we picked her, but she turned into quite a lovely girl
Sorry for the long post, if you tras through all of it, you are quite a brave person hehehe

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Alex, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Glad that you've joined us and this site has many great articles and threads for cat owners.

So sorry to hear about Alice. All three of them are beautiful

Feel free to ask questions and do post more photos of your kitties ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks a lot, TabbyTom, I Will sure make tons of questions [emoji]128523[/emoji]

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another welcome to TCS! 
  Your cats are lovely, can't wait to see more pictures of them.  Happy early birthday on Saturday. 

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and your three gorgeous cats!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks a lot for your warm welcome!
I forgot yo say that, as both Raist and I are feeling better now about Alice's death (I think that Raistlin is still missing her, but not crying and looking for her any more, which was heart-breaking) we are waiting for a new member of the family...
Still looking for a very special mame for this bengal girl. I Will be asking A LOT of questions yo bengal brevedad, as I really want to start a small breeding program with which my many ver friends are excited (I went to College to become a vet but I decided to become a filologist when I was half way, so half of my best friends are vets now).So on the health side I am fine, but I Will still seek for experts opinions when time comes to choose a stud.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I went to College to become a vet but I decided to become a filologist when I was half way, so half of my best friends are vets now).So on the health side I am fine, but I Will still seek for experts opinions when time comes to choose a stud.
Hola, Alejandra, y bienvenidos a la TCS !  What a beautiful kitten, and what an interesting change of plans - from Veterinary Medicine to Philology.   Do you have a particular interest in paleography as well, and will you teach your Bengals to read Latin?

;)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hola, Alejandra, y bienvenidos a la TCS !  What a beautiful kitten, and what an interesting change of plans - from Veterinary Medicine to Philology.   Do you have a particular interest in paleography as well, and will you teach your Bengals to read Latin?

;)

That was hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Thanks for welcoming us!
My cats are more likely to learn Old English (or, as I used to call it in History of English lessons, "the language of Mordor") than latin, but I have to say that Raistlin is already pretty good at writing what, I guess, must be encrypted messages to the CIA. I am still unable to understand anything he writes.
About my career, everybody tells me that it was quite a weird change, but I was actually kinda not sure from the begining. I was accepted both for Journalism and Veterinary Medicine, so I was already divided between my two big passions: animals and writing. I chose Vet, among many other reasons because my grandpas were horrified by the idea of a journalist in the family. When I found myself writing novels more often than enjoying my subjects,I decided to quit. I was good with animal related subjects, but not at all with all the maths involved in statistics and physics (dyslexia sucks).
I am happy I changed my mind, though, because in the end I hace the feeling that I got the most of both worlds. I studied English, and some French, but also so many other wonderful things, while I still have the basic knowledge to read vet research essays related to genetics, which I love, or any other important issue related to my balls of fur health.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're quite welcome, but I wasn't being funny, you know.  My Snowshoe can read Latin; here she is, poring over the Supplementum Chronicarum:

I'm joking, of course; that's not the Latin edition, but the 1491 Italian language Supplemento delle Croniche.  Like all Snowshoes, her command of the Romance Languages is quite good, but she has trouble with Greek, Latin and Hebrew.

Now THAT is impressive xD Raist keeps trying to learn by osmosis, rubbing his head against any book he sees.Snowshoes' method seems way better [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest, I think she just looks at the illustrations.  My little black kitty though - even as a kitten - loved anything even vaguely logographic - and especially Demotic.

Your cats are true intellectuals. Charlie doesn't read the newspaper or books. He just tries to eat them. All paper items have to be kept away from him.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are true intellectuals. Charlie doesn't read the newspaper or books. He just tries to eat them. All paper items have to be kept away from him.
If intellectuals lie around in the sun all day doing nothing, knock the salt shaker off the counter and use it as an hockey puck at three in the morning, and eat you out of house and home, then yes - they're certainly intellectuals.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to add, your Bengal kitten is beautiful and will be a great looking cat!

Raisylin and Bichisoise are lovely, too.  I am sorry about your loss of Alice.  It sounds like she was a very special little girl.  I lost a beloved cat 10 months ago and I think I am just getting over it now. 

And welcome to TCS!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks a lot! I expect to recieve more pictures of her next week [emoji]128525[/emoji]