Hi There!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

HI:  I love the pictures.  It makes me sad to think that many people do not know how loving cats can be and they add so much to our lives.

I have a rescue cat only 2 months and I adore him.  His name is Sushi.  Loving and cuddly.  Part Siamese  - He is not an escape artist and was very weak and thin when they found him on the street.  I think someone threw him out.  Anyway, he is my perfect cat as well.  

You said they were your aunt's cats?  They knew you already?  

Isn't it lovely to have them snuggle at night with you?  Sushi mostly sleeps on my pillow above my head the rests his body on my head - so sweet.

Joyce
No, they didn't know me already.  Her cat had them and she posted on facebook about them asking if anyone wanted kittens when they were older.  I jokingly said, yeah, I'll take two if you'll bring them to me.  She lived in Illinois and I'm in Missouri so it would be a 6 hour trip.  She said sure so I got really excited and started counting the days til they came home to me.  :)

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Amazing the bond was instantaneous! I read so many horror stories of cats not able to adjust to a new home, especially when they are not kittens.  That happened with Sushi.  I adopted him.  Took him home, and it was as if I raised him.  Instant bond of trust and affection.  I kiss and cuddle him too much, but unless he gets annoyed, I will continue to do it.

So happy that you have such lovely and adoring cats.  There is nothing like that.  The house must feel alive with them there.

Joyce

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Amazing the bond was instantaneous! I read so many horror stories of cats not able to adjust to a new home, especially when they are not kittens.  That happened with Sushi.  I adopted him.  Took him home, and it was as if I raised him.  Instant bond of trust and affection.  I kiss and cuddle him too much, but unless he gets annoyed, I will continue to do it.

So happy that you have such lovely and adoring cats.  There is nothing like that.  The house must feel alive with them there.

Joyce
It definitely does.  They snuggle up on me and I can literally feel my heart swelling.  They make me feel all maternal.  They had to stay at the vet's overnight when they were neutered and I couldn't sleep at all because I didn't have furriness next to me and I didn't have their purring to lull me to sleep.

I'm pretty sure Murphy would have bonded well with anyone.  I've been around a lot of cats in my life but never one as snuggly and lovey as he is.  Last night, I took him to the nursing home where my mom works because this sweet old lady had been crying all evening, missing her kitty.  Murphy loved up on her and she was smiling by the time we left.  We might have to make nursing home visits a regular thing.  :)

Connor is a little more picky.  He doesn't actively dislike people, but he's pretty aloof when he doesn't know someone.  And he gave my boyfriend the cold shoulder for 4 days after he was neutered.  My fault.  I made John take them then I picked them up.  He got to be the big meanie and I was the heroic rescuer.  Yeah, it was totally cheating.  But better him than me!!!

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I totally understand.  When I got Sushi, he became extremely ill. I ran him to the vet and they had to do  major tests.  This time, they had to do them without my presence.  Long story short, when they had to do a serious urine analysis, they had to take it directly from his bladder so I had to hold his head while one assistant held him and the vet did the extraction.  I was scared he would hate me. But as soon as I got him him home, he came out of the carrier as if  nothing happened.  

FYI;  they found he had a serious viral infection, all healed - however, the xrays revealed that his kidneys are not the right size so they feel he may go into kidney failure down the road and his life will not be long.  That is why they took the urine sample to run all the tests needed.  I told the vet, after I cried, that whatever years he has, they will be the best years he has.

Great news.  With the care and special feeling regiment I have him on, she was surprised to discover he is in great shape and his kidneys are functioning 100%.  He has gained weight, drinking from his water fountain, his appetite has increased over twice what it was before,  and his personality has greatly changed in the 2 months I have him.  He went from a quiet, docile animal to a perky, playful, attack cat.  So happy he is feeling great.  When I adopted him, he hardly ate and you could feel his entire rib cage.  Now, he has filled out and is much heavier.  The vet said whatever you are doing, just keep doing it.

I can't think of my life without him.  I have lived alone for over 40 years, so there was an adjustment for me, but I was so bonded to him, that it was fine.

Keep me informed of all that is going on . I love hearing the stories.

Joyce

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great.  Connor and Murphy are pigs.  Connor weighs twice as much as Murphy, but they're the same size.  Connor is just one of those solid, muscular cats.  They'll be 6 months in a few days, but they're already as big as full grown cats.  They're gonna be huge.

Love is really the best medicine most of the time.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It definitely does.  They snuggle up on me and I can literally feel my heart swelling.  They make me feel all maternal.  They had to stay at the vet's overnight when they were neutered and I couldn't sleep at all because I didn't have furriness next to me and I didn't have their purring to lull me to sleep.
I'm pretty sure Murphy would have bonded well with anyone.  I've been around a lot of cats in my life but never one as snuggly and lovey as he is.  Last night, I took him to the nursing home where my mom works because this sweet old lady had been crying all evening, missing her kitty.  Murphy loved up on her and she was smiling by the time we left.  We might have to make nursing home visits a regular thing.  :)
Connor is a little more picky.  He doesn't actively dislike people, but he's pretty aloof when he doesn't know someone.  And he gave my boyfriend the cold shoulder for 4 days after he was neutered.  My fault.  I made John take them then I picked them up.  He got to be the big meanie and I was the heroic rescuer.  Yeah, it was totally cheating.  But better him than me!!!
Sounds like your Murphy should be a therapy cat:

http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/serviceanimals/cats.php

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not the first person who's suggested that.  Murphy is the most lovable cat I've ever met in my life.  He's great with my 3 year old step daughter.  He lets her carry him around and love him and he just doesn't care.  He likes to pounce on her, always with claws safely sheathed.

He was a bit nervous and antsy the other night, but a man had died minutes before we got there and I think maybe the smell of death bothered him.  He was still very lovey and cuddly.

That gif is hillarious! 

When Murphy lifted his head and his eyes were wide like. "What the heck dude?"
Yep!  I still crack up every time I watch it., even though I've watched it a dozen times.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the hyperlink!  I did that for awhile, until I realized I was being taken advantage of and spending far too much time online not being adequately compensated.  I may try this one, though.  Thanks again.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks so much for the hyperlink!  I did that for awhile, until I realized I was being taken advantage of and spending far too much time online not being adequately compensated.  I may try this one, though.  Thanks again.
No problem.  With this, you get paid hourly and you have a set schedule that you decide on yourself.