Hi There!

shortstuff2309

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well since I am posting in here, I am obviously new to this site.
I found it while I was trying to research how to give my cat an injection and was so grateful that I found you guys!

I am 26 years old and am currently finishing up my last semester of college. I have taken all of my classes online and am very excited to be graduating this May with an A.A.S. in Business Administration. I want to be an administrative assistant at a veterinary office. I do not currently work, however, I do take care of everything around here as my mom is ill and cannot do all of the every day things that need to be done.

We have 5 cats in total. It started out as only 3, but upon my grandmother's death last May, we inherited her 2 cats as well. 4 are Siamese and 1 is pure black. All female. My baby, Abigail, just turned 10 in February. She's the one with all the health problems as we've been trying to get her irritable bowel under control.

Then there's her sidekick, Cleo, who is going to be 6 soon, I believe. Cleo follows my Abby around everywhere. Wherever you see one, you always see the other! Cleo is a very shy and scared kitty. So far, I'm the only one who is able to pet her and get near her.

Sheba is the next one of ours, who is going to be 4 soon. She's my mom's girl and is only my mom's girl! My mom got Sheba from this lady who obviously took the kittens away from their mother way too soon. She was only about 5 weeks old when we got her! My mom asked the lady if she should be taking them away so soon and the woman said that she needed to get rid of them. You can't help but feel sorry for the poor little things! My mom took her to the vet immediately and ended up having to feed her cat milk with an eyedropper for a while.

Izabella is my Abby's half-sister. Izzy came from the same mother but a different father and was my grandma's baby. Just before my grandma died, Izzy got up on my grandma's bed, put her paw on my grandma's hand, and sat there for about 5 minutes which was when my grandma passed away. After she was gone, Izzy got down.
Anyway... haha. I don't recall how old she is, but I'm thinking around 8 because we got her for my grandma only a few years after I got Abby. Izzy always used to be very shy, but with a lot of love and attention here, she has certainly come out of her shell!

Inky is the black cat that was also my grandma's. I call her Inky Stinky. Or sometimes it's just Stinky. Haha She's full of energy and constantly tears around the house all by herself! She has this funny little twitch in her tail and when she gets excited, her tail looks like a rattlesnake. Inky is about 5 or 6 years old.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you all and sharing my love of cats with others who feel the same!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! Welcome to TCS!
Sounds like you have a houseful- look forward to hearing more about them

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the wonderful introduction and welcome! Please stop in to visit us often and if I can help you with anything on the site, please let me know!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful introduction of yourself and all of your wonderful cat's. That is so great that you were able to take your grandmother's cats after her passing...It's nice to have you here. Welcome to TCS.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, this is such a great site and everyone here is so nice too
Also this site can be very helpful and fun
I cant wait to see photos of ur girls, they all sound so wonderful
Also we just
photos here
! Dont worry 5's not a bad number of kitties at all
we have 6, it started off with 2 then bella found me and then i wanted a kittne so talked my mom into and i got stormie then she wanted a kitten and then we seen tessa and decided to get blue and tessa
and well we did talk gram into another kittie
i can be very persuasive so now she has three
Well see u round the forums

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you, glad you decided to join us
Wow bet things are busy in your house, and well done on your graduation
and good luck with you job search

Its great here, theres always lots to do and see, it soon becomes a bit of an addiction

Looking forward to seeing photos of your fur-family
they sound adorable and we just love photos here

Enjoy the forums

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Shortstuff and Family

to TheCatSite and thank you for adopting multiple cats, rescuing your grandma's cats when they needed it most, and for wanting to make helping cats your career -- sure sounds like you're on the right path to doing that!

Your cats sound wonderful, and we would love to see them if you don't mind posting some photos of them...

All 9 of The Nine are rescued, indoor-only and spayed/neutered. We've had experience of IBS, too -- our sweet angel Rojita had it. I guess we all just learned to live with it, and cherished her while she was with us -- she passed away a little over a year ago, from Mast Cell Lymphoma, at just over 7 years old.
She'll always be in our hearts.

Sounds like you really love and take great care of your furfamily -- can't wait to hear more about them!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless you for taking in your grandmother's cats.
I'm sorry for your loss, though.

Welcome to TCS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shortstuff2309

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I have TONS of photos stored on my computer so I will be sure to post some when I get the chance! Half of my photo albums are always of my cats.
I think I should just have a "pets only" photo album at this point! One for pets and one for people, now that's a good idea, I might just have to do that! Haha And you are all very right - this site is addicting! It's nice to talk to people who care so much about their cats, just like me!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey ShortStuff and Fams:

Glad you like it here.
And your photo archives sound like OUR photo archives.
One thing, though -- aren't cats people???

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and the lovely kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions