Hi - New & Looking For Advice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drinkmore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am FURIOUS!. I spoke to the lady last night, nice long convo about how I was going to take all 3 of the kittens to the vet and blah blah.

So I made lots of calls, got someone that wanted one of the kittens (a home). She met me over there and I explained to her what was going on and she was cool with everything.

5 seconds later 3 women bum rush me and tell me I cant take them, they made a decision not to take them and nobody was going to get them and that they are going to let them roam free. After a long "civil" argument on my end I let it go. One lady said that she was feeding the mom cat for 2 years and blah blah.. I was like why has nobody fixed her? Some black lady said that would fix anything because what about all the other stray cats? I was like that is very assinine.

So anyways, I have called animal control to get them out of there. That is not going to happen.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would not take in all of them. You can see where some no kill shelters are in your area if you can not find friends/coworkers/family to take them. Mine have always shared litter boxes. I currently have four for 5 cats and I think most of them use eachothers boxes. I think taking the mother in is a great idea because kittens are adopted faster . Please make certain you don't expose your existing cats to your cat until they have checked out O.K. as far as their health goes.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man some people are just so idiotic!
I mean, you they should at least let you take the mother to be spayed if you will release her! Geez, they won't let you take them but yet they won't take the responsibility to take care of them all.

Let them roam free, man that just makes me mad!

Careful who you call, sometimes animal control will euthanize, especially if the mother isn't particularily nice.

The animal control here usually takes cats to the rescue shelter if there is room so ask what they do with them first.

MAYBE you could even explain the situation to the animal control. That this is a stray family that you wanted to take in to spay and rehome and these women are trying to stop you. I don't know if there is anything they can do...maybe help you catch them and if your neighbors see you out there with animal control, they will probably come to see what is going on and try to stop you. When you say you just want to take them in to a vet and get fixed and they say well we just want them to roam free unaltered, i think they will feel like the idiots and the animal control officer obviously won't side with them.

On the other hand I suppose the one of the women could just claim that they are her cats and you are trying to steal them.

Oh I would just get a trap and get the mother and babies in, hide the trap somewhere that is out of site of your neighbors and watch it closely.

Is there a particular place that the kittens stay? Can you sneek in there and look for them? You know when they get older they are most likely not going to stay put, if your neighbors even confront you just say they probably ran off as cats do.

Don't they care that they will all be mating with each other and that is inbreeding? Mother and sons, brothers and sisters? That is no life. Point that out among the risks to their health and the males fighting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drinkmore

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know, it really is sad. Unfortunately I have done all I can. I wish it were different but I don't feel like dealing with the police or going to jail. These are the types of people that would not hesitate to do such a thing. IMO, they are trash. My apologies if that offends anyone.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Kris
we're so happy to welcome you and your kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions.

Thank you so much for caring what happens to this Momcat and her babies - I'm sorry that the other near you don't care as much as you do. If you do think of getting another kitty, my two indoor babies also share a litter box without problem.