Hi! New here.

mewtantmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband and I did small mammal rescue and rehab for many years before having to quit because of the limitations of chronic illness and more disabling conditions. Still we are generally known in our area for doing intensive care for little animals.

In early May a cat breeder in our region called and said he needed help for a litter of four kittens. They had been orphaned the day prior, at three days old, and had not been fed since. The breeder had contacted every rescue and animal welfare organization in the region, and they were all (predictably) swamped with kittens. He had just tried at the nearby animal hospital too for help when he called here. He brought them over with a single small canister of KMR and some kitten bottles. He was clearly overwhelmed and was not willing to do any kitten care. He asked us to raise them and find them homes.

The kittens grew up just fine. They were Manx kittens. Three of the four were adopted by six weeks of age, all placed with clients of the nearby animal hospital and who were known by the hospital to be persons who would spay/neuter and take good care of their needs. We decided to keep the Rumpy one, "Bunny," because he would require special attention and help for his colorectal dysfunction and elimination problems, which occur much less frequently now.

I am very glad to have found this community of cat people.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, what a lucky little kitten to have landed in your care.  
  Well, all of them--so glad the others found homes.   Welcome!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewtantmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much, betsygee. We are pleased with the outcomes for the kittens, and we feel very lucky to have this little one who gives us great joy.