hi, new here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meekzmilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She wasn't able to bring scarlett today, there have actually been other people interested in adopting her. Currently in the room playing with stella, she's going crazy with this toy I got her lol

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
She wasn't able to bring scarlett today, there have actually been other people interested in adopting her. Currently in the room playing with stella, she's going crazy with this toy I got her lol
Aren't kittens fun when they're playing?!  

meekzmilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
here she is playing

Last edited:

meekzmilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she got out the room,think because the door is weird and shuts but not completely and now she's under my bed in my room and I can't catch her. She keeps running away from me

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Don't chase her. Try to ignore her for 30 minutes or so and see if she calms down. Leave the door open to her safe room.

Once she has settled down, see if you can coax her out to play with a toy.

manemelissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, sounds like you've had a crazy week!

Kudos to you for juggling all of the things you have in your life. Stella's sister will undoubtedly help her feel more comfortable, but if that doesn't work out then things will still be okay.

When my brother got his cat she hid under his bed for three days straight and let off a diarrhea bomb too! She didn't come out of his room for a good week. My cat Belle was all over the place when we brought her home. She wanted to walk everywhere and see everything and seemed fearless (not the case anymore).

I agree, don't chase her. Food and toys are great ways to lure cats towards somewhere you want them to go. She will come out. When it gets overwhelming for you, take a break and do some deep breathing/relax and then go back to her.

Try not to feel bad about not knowing to confine her to one room; you are trying your best!!

vbcatparent

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What you want to do is calmly give her controlled visits out of the room. Invite her out in the hall or an adjoining room, all other doors closed, hiding places blocked, and quietly stand nearby as she explores. When she's sniffed out that space good, play with her, and then let her wander back into her safe room. When you see her come out, don't rush at with her in excitement. Eventually she will expand to the whole house.