HI new here..

wandaspets

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what cat bread my Sabby is.  To me, she looks a lot like a bombay, but she isn't well behaved.  but I don't know it that is because she wasn't properly weaned! Please help!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi!  With cats, the breed is not in first hand the looks, but the ancestry, parents, "birth certifikates" and so on.  95% of cats dont have any especial breed.  They are usually called for domestic. So it is surely here too.

What we can possibly do, just for the fun of it, to phantasie us what look alike she is.

Yes, possibly she is a look alike of a bombay.   You know it already.   :)

Nice film you did!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wandaspets

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you, that is helpful!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there's just no way to tell, unfortunately.

But she is absolutely gorgeous. Jet black, obviously very healthy, like a tiny panther.

I wonder if whoever had her before treated her roughly. She seems a bit nervous. But she trusts you, and that's all a skittish kitty needs, really, just someone to trust.

Kitties who are weaned too early do sometimes develop a habit of sucking on things, but it's a harmless habit so long as they're not sucking on something that's not good for them to put in their mouths. :) It is a sort of self-comforting behavior, or just something they might do to relax or because it feels nice.

I should ask, just to get the bases covered, whether she's been spayed since she had her kittens. There is just such an overpopulation problem, and so many cats without homes; plus it is more healthy for the cat. No offense--not implying you don't take good care of her (you obviously do)--I've just seen too many homeless kittens, you know?

What's that glove you're petting her with? Is that a grooming tool or just an oven mitt? I've heard of rubber gloves for grooming short haired cats and I still haven't found anything that my two cats will tolerate being groomed with. I adopted them both as adults and they weren't used to being groomed, but I so wish I could get them used to it; they shed so much and leave their hair all over the place! More mornings than not, I wake up with a cat hair in my mouth... doesn't help that Tiny climbs up to snuggle with me as soon as he hears me waking, of course.

wandaspets

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes I guess you are right.. I will stop obsessing over this now.. lol.  there is no way I will EVER know i don't think.. 

The glove is a pet brush, but I got it from a friend so I don't know what company or anything.  Thanks for the reply! have a great day!

wandaspets

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yeah, and yet I got her fixed.  I couldn't bare for her to have more kitties because I just knew that I wouldn't be able to handle letting them go to new homes, because I tend to get very attached.  I was lucky that her first litter only consisted of 2 kittens, one of which died so to a brain hemorrhage.... So i just kept her only living kitten. and I adore him!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of your cats are very beautiful! I would say she looks like a Bombay, but without papers I guess it doesn't matter. She's just a beautiful, independent cat that is very lucky to have found you! Good luck, and many happy years! By the way, I LOVED your film, good job!

Last edited: