Hi! New here

pinkmonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, my name is Jaclyn and I am a SAHM of 4 children (1 boy and 3 girls) and a proud owner of 2 - 7yr old cats. Both of the cats were adopted from local shelters.

Pumpkin - our male... We've had him for almost 4 yrs. A couple of years ago we nearly lost him to urethral crystallization. He was put on full kidney dialysis and it was touch and go for awhile. But *knock on wood* he's doing just fine now and is very affectionate (most of the time).

Our newest addition is Champagne. I adopted her 1 week ago from the shelter. She's about 7 yrs old as well and oh so scrawny
. She's very much a cuddler when she's not scared out of her wits. So far she and Pumpkin have just hissed or stared at each other. She frightens easily. I wonder what happened to her because she supposedly was raised with other animals and a toddler. She does a few silly things tho, she goes into a full point, I think she thinks she's part dog. She sits "pretty" too.

I am worried though because she's not really eating and I'm not sure if she's drinking anything. I am giving her her space. I'll sit in the room with her and talk to her so she gets to know my voice and she does come out to sit in my lap with little to no coaxing now. I'm worried that she's going to become dehydrated or worse.

Well I didn't mean to write a novel. Thank you for letting me join, I hope to learn a lot here!

Jaclyn

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Jaclyn!

Champagne will surely adjust in no time as we can see you are giving her the tlc she needs.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! Thank you for the intro!
Pumpkin and Champagne sound very cute. If you have any questions about the site, please feel free to let me know.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Jaclyn
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Jaclyn,

I am so glad that you, Pumpkin and Champagne have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home.