Hi! Need Help Adopting

newcatowner111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there,

I'm fairly new here and have done a fair amount of research about caring for a cat. The final piece of the puzzle is adopting one. Where I live all the Petcos, Petsmarts, and adopting agencies want me to bring in my family (whom I live with) and that just can't work.

Would you recommend Craigslist or any other alternative methods?

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I ask why you can't bring your family?

I got all my pets from facebook ads. There are pet groups for my area that sell and rehome pets. IMO adopting can be a long and tedious process. I've always found it faster, easier, and cheaper to get pets from responsible breeders or people rehoming them online like on FB or craigslist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newcatowner111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're busy. But you know what I've had some things pop up in my life. I don't think I can adopt an animal that can live for 20 years at the moment. Thannks for the response.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And thank you for being so very responsible! I hope your situation changes, and a cat becomes possible for you again.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you are responsible. But who said you have to adopt a kitten? There are plenty of older cats that need a home at the Humane Society or other shelters. You can give a 10 or even 12-15 year old a home.