HI I'm new

tabbi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My name is Tabbi and I currently have 2 shelter kitties sharing my house. (Ok at the moment they're taking up the entire bed and looking at me like I'm nuts cause I'm not warming up "their" bed for them) I'm not quite 26 and have a small zoo as far as pets go. I have the 2 kitties, a Great Dane, a Citron Cockatoo, a Budgie, and a red eared slider turtle. I've been married for almost 9 years and have 2 kids ages 8 and 2.

Enough about me, I'll move on to my Cats...lol. My oldest cat, Gracie Bug, is a 3 year old domestic poofball kitty. I got her when she was 3 weeks old. Her "thing" (I refuse to call them humans. Can not make myself do it. Sorry) had put Grace, her sister and brother in a bag and tried to drown them at a local park. They were pulled out of the lake and taken to animal control. Sadly her brother didn't make it. Here's where I come in...walked in the shelter 4 days after this happened, saw Grace and her sister, decided to take one of them and got a friend to take the other. Needless to say, after this, Grace and Emma (her sister) were some sick babies. I bottle fed her kitten formula, gave her meds and forced canned cat food and nutracal down her throat. Today I have a big fluffly calico cat who thinks the world revolves around her (as it should) who has permant lung damage so she always wheezes. You can hear her a mile away. But other than that, she has no other issues from this. Absolutly adores people. You walk in my door, she's all over you.

The new baby is Cricket, a cute black domestic shorthair, who was also a shelter baby. She was picked up as a stray at about 4-5 weeks old by animal control. I came in on her last day at the shelter. I was dropping off some paperwork and noticed to little legs sticking out of a cage waving at me. Of course, you have to go investigate that...lol. I opened the cage and this emaciated kitten litterally throws herself in my arms. I've never had a animal take to me that quick. It was literally love at first site with her. So I ask the question "how much longer does she have?" I was told 2 hours. She came home with me 10 minutes later...lol. She's now 16 weeks old and looks nothing like the icky, sick (upper respritory infection, goopy eyes), scrawney kitten I brought home. Unless I close a door between me and her and then I see the little legs waving at me under the door again...lol.

Anyhow, this is me and my kitty brats.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy moly! It sure sounds like you have your hands full over there
!

Please post pictures if you get the chance, I would love to see your furbabies!

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome, tabbi!
My wife ("MommyCat" on this board) was at our local shelter back in 2000 and little Basia (1st picture) started giving her the "wave"! That started us on this whole cat-happy existence.

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love happy endings! Hugs to you and the furrys. I am donna proudly owned by the incredible trio

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tabbi

I opened the cage and this emaciated kitten litterally throws herself in my arms. I've never had a animal take to me that quick. It was literally love at first site with her.
Awww, the same thing happened to me! Welcome to TCS!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tabbi

My oldest cat, Gracie Bug, is a 3 year old domestic poofball kitty. I got her when she was 3 weeks old. Her "thing" (I refuse to call them humans. Can not make myself do it. Sorry) had put Grace, her sister and brother in a bag and tried to drown them at a local park. They were pulled out of the lake and taken to animal control. Sadly her brother didn't make it.
I agree. "Things" like that aren't human. They are evil monsters that don't deserve to live! Bless you for saving Gracie Bug, Emma, and Cricket. Hope to see some pics soon.