Hi, I'm new here.

kcpaull

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats at the moment. They range in age from 7 months to 12 years. I came to this forum to seek info about teenaged cats as Ajax is 7 months old and is a holy terror. I was also looking for information about chronic diarrhea in cats as my sweet Bubble has had tummy trouble for a while now and the vet is trying to help her but nothing we do really helps. Sophie is 12 and has to be alone as she doesn't tolerate any other cats so we do time share. Bubble and Squeak are siblings I found in the ditch in front of my house 9 years ago. Seiti is about 3 or 4 and is a gray long haired domestic cat with some silver tips to her fur that makes her look like she's surrounded by a mist. Ajax showed up one day in late April about 5 weeks old with a huge (I mean HUGE) black tomcat on his heals. We since found out that the tomcat is his father and is happy to be rid of him as he was tired of wearing him like a hat. Since he was run out of the litter on a rail at 5 weeks old, he has little knowledge of fang and claw etiquette. It doesn't help that at 7 months he weighs 11.5 pounds and outweighs all but one of my older cats. I also feed a cat that will not let me near it that showed up about the same time as Ajax. Since we all refer to her as Grey Kitty, that will be her name for all intents and purposes. I think she is a female simply because I've never seen her spray to mark anything. We live out in the country and have seen some coyotes around so we have built an enclosure so our cats can go outside without being in danger and I can feed wild birds without them being in danger from my cats.  I look forward to getting to know everyone here and learning about their kitties, as well.

kittykatluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Sorry to hear about your kitties tummy & digestion issues. Has the vet suggested pet grade probiotics? I have seen powdered formulas that can be easily added to wet/dry food & they are supposed to really help with digestive issues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kcpaull

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried Fortiflora and aside from being able to mask her medicine in it, I've not seen much improvement. They just started her on the cortisone Thursday, so I'm hoping it will help. I'm also going to try and change her food to a brand that doesn't have wheat gluten. I had no idea Royal Canin had that in it. I just want my sweet girl well.

kittykatluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've tried Fortiflora and aside from being able to mask her medicine in it, I've not seen much improvement. They just started her on the cortisone Thursday, so I'm hoping it will help. I'm also going to try and change her food to a brand that doesn't have wheat gluten. I had no idea Royal Canin had that in it. I just want my sweet girl well.
Sounds like you are on the right path, possibly an allergy to grains.. I met a girl at the local pet supply who had great success taking her cat to a holistic vet.. She had to travel 2-1/2 hrs to the nearest one but said it was completely worth it.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Switch to grain free canned food and no dry food. This will help with stomach issues. It cured my girl.

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome!  Five cats -- wow.  My wife and I have trouble sometimes keeping up with two!  She has given our 15-year old kitties, Max & Phoebe, a feline probiotic for the last year and they seem to be doing really well.  Good luck and we look forward to keeping up with you on TCS :)