Hi... I'm New Here... Let me Tell You About Myself :)

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, Obviously, I am described in my user files. Here is some background on myself...

I began working at a Vets office almost 3 years ago. It is alot of fun, and i get to experience alot of interesting things. I want to go to school to become a Vet Tech. Anyway, my love for cats began 2 years after i had been working for the vet.

There are people who bring litters of kittens from other towns to our office to be treated and cared for, and finally adopted out to loving homes ( I Hope...).

One day in July of 05, a man who was working on a porch, discovered a tiny, runty kitten, with a terrible upper respiratory infection, and coccidia. She was treated for fleas of course, and then for the coccidia and upper resiratory. She grew into a happy, healthy and fiesty 3 month old at the end of the summer. However, when you are taking cre of a kitten for that long, you grow attached, so when adoption time came aroun, i adopted my little "Munchkin" (She was smaller than the litter we placed her in, so that she could be with other kittens and socialize with them). because my parents are allergic to cats, being that she was to be my Bf's birthday present, i decided that the cat should live at his house.

A few months later, my bf was complaning that "munchy" was lonely, and a ltter of black and tux kittens had arrived. it was like fate. it was the last litter of the season, andi had fallen in love with a tux kitten with a hairline (no bottom) lip whom i named "Tai" (Like tie...?).

My problem is that the cats belong to me, and i pay for their every need( vet vsists and surgeries, foods, toys, treats, litter and littler pans... you name it...) and i never see them because they ive with my BF! ths has been going on for a year and 3 months now... and his parents think they own the cats... so thats my problem...

so i ask for your help and advice in the matter! that is why i have joined, and to share my knowledge with others who need it...

I like this site already... everyone is sooo helpful and kind...

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why don't you two just move in together? You seem like you have a good job, and it's ALWAYS good to get out of the parents house! =)

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your bf can't complain that the first is lonely but not contribute to the upkeep of the second! If I were you I'd move in And make him pay some for the cats

deelynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
welcome
NEW here too
we have 2 new kittens in our house
i joined to ask questions
we have 3 female cats 1 became momma
the kittens are about 5 weeks now
my girls just love them

but soon we will have to find them homes
since we have 3 cats already!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and your two kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I hope you find an answer to your dilemma - I couldn't imagine not living with our kitties

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello! Welcome!
Do you have pictures of your kittens? They sound cute
I'm new as well, and love it here! Mommy to 2 kittens, Max & Sarah.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Punky!

Glad to meet you and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! for caring and putting that caring into action. Cats are BEST!
Gosh, you don't have visitation rights? Maybe it is time to have a nice quiet talk with the parents and just remind them of your caring and all you do for them...and then reinforce the message that YOU are their adopter and caretaker, along with your boyfriend...Sounds like the parents have really grown attached, but they are like so many people here, who want all the benefits of a relationship but won't do any of the work or take the responsibility! Answers? This has me going crosseyed, too; sure wish I knew answers! because it is SO frustrating! Good luck to you, though, and again, THANKS for being such a caring cat person!