Hi I'm new, and could anybody help me find out what breed my cat is?

misterbubbles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

My cats name is May, this month is her birthday I just don't know exactly when. And here is her pictures, could anybody help me figure out what breed she is?

May had an eye infection when she was little, and she got an operation or surgery or something to have it removed, thats why her eye is cloudy. Nobody wanted the little furball. I'm glad I got her.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS. I hope you become a regular and both learn and share information.

As to breed, your cat looks a lovely gentle cat and is very pretty, but she is no specific breed. She is what we call a Domestic Shorthair if we are being formal, and a moggie if informal. Where did you get her from?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
You have a beautiful girl.
I agree that she is a Domestic shorthair.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Here is a link which explains how cat breeds work. (Is my cat a purebred?) May is a beautiful DSH (Domestic shorthair).

Welcome, and we look forward to hearing more from you and May.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Hi and welcome to TCS. I hope you become a regular and both learn and share information.

As to breed, your cat looks a lovely gentle cat and is very pretty, but she is no specific breed. She is what we call a Domestic Shorthair if we are being formal, and a moggie if informal. Where did you get her from?
you can go a bit further & call her a tabby & white - that's her coat pattern. look at my signature - i have Chip, a black cat w/3 white spots; Cable, a silver tabby; Java, a calico; Pixel, a black & white bicolor [aka as a tuxedo]; & Mouse, a blue cat. all DSHs!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. You have a Domestic Short hair. Very pretty one. They are equilavent to a mutt. But most of us on here have moggies. See you on the forums!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to May!

She is definately a domestic short haired cat. And I have done some research on colorings and patterns. So her markings would be called cap & sadle markings. That's because she is predominately white, with color as if she was wearing a cap and a sadle. My LuckyGirl is a tuxedo...black everywhere with a white snout, chest, belly and the tips of her paws. You can check her out at: http://www.savesamoa.org/html/luckygirl.html

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and Happy Birthday May
I don't know what breed she is but she is adorable. See you on the forums.