Hi...I am a new kitten Mommy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baseballmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried to take his temperature, that sure woke him up

He is still moving kind of slow, but he is drinking water, and eating, so I am glad about that.

baseballmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

That's good! Maybe he'll perk up; I would still take him tomorrow, though
I am, they are both getting their first check up.

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaseballMom

The last time he ate or played was late this morning.

Is a cold in a cat different than a human? meaning....a cold in a human is a virus and antibiotics do not work. Is a cold in a cat caused by bacteria?
My apologies, I should have been more specific. What I meant by "cold," and should have said, was an upper respiratory infection. They are fairly common in cats (and very catching in cats -- not to or from human), and those are usually easily cleared up by the antiobiotics.

If he's eating and drinking, that's good. If you feel his little nose is stuffed to make him more comfortable, steam up the bathroom with hot water and keep him in there a little while. That might help ease the congestion until you see the vet.

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

I hold my kittens all the time and they too want down after a second or two. They are just like kids, play, play, play! They don't have much of an attention span. They will let you know if they are unhappy with the situation, you will get a growl or a swat
I find I can hold there attention much longer if I sit on the floor and play with them. I sneak in a pat and a kiss before they chase off.
I've been laughing at this part. My memory from childhood includes lots of holding but I think I must have "cat" stuck in there and not "kitten". This little guy acts just like my boys did when they were toddlers: unless it's tired it will endure about 30 seconds of holding and then he's outta here!

baseballmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is doing better this morning...thank God! I woke up in the middle of the night to check on them in the bathroom. The last few nights, they would just be in bed and look up at me when I opened the door. Last night, they both jumped out of bed, and tried to run out

I will let you know what the Vet says.

baseballmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi...well, the Vet feels they are a little older, 8 or 9 weeks. The one that was acting tired yesterday is much better today, so he said just keep an eye on him and make sure he is drinking and eating.

They both got mite and flea treatment (frontline plus).

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaseballMom

Hi...well, the Vet feels they are a little older, 8 or 9 weeks. The one that was acting tired yesterday is much better today, so he said just keep an eye on him and make sure he is drinking and eating.

They both got mite and flea treatment (frontline plus).
wow that is good to take care of right away. Let me know how he is. Glad he is doing better...