Hi guys!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the PMs and the phone calls. :grouphug: We're doing better and things seem to be getting back to whatever passes for normal around here. I really needed some time away from the board.

Rick was in the hospital a few weeks ago. Without going into a lot of detail, he had a really bad headache that went into a massive infection. A touch of pneumonia and even sepsis. It wasn't pretty and I was scared. He was on massive doses of antibiotics. His mom isn't well and Rick and his sister had a Jesus-come-to-meeting with the admin of the nursing home. That wasn't pretty either.

The cataract surgeries went well. I had emergency laser surgery on one eye to re-attach the retina. Not good, not at all. Still using eye drops four times a day. No swimming until around the end of July. But I can read! Seriously, I'm back to reading regular books instead of all e-books. I can see the smaller fonts. And when I'm looking at a cookbook, I can actually see "1/4 teaspoon" without glasses or moving the cookbook around for the best view. Or asking Rick what it says. The other day Rick came out of the computer room and showed me two pictures he took on his phone. Cookbooks all over my desk; the cookbook book case was an absolute mess. He said, "Well, I can see somebody can read again!" Oops. I went back and cleaned everything up.

The girls are fine. Amber is....well, Amber. Still screaming early morning. We just deal. Muffin is still enjoying her daily morning walks with either me or Rick. Still yelling at the neighborhood rooster.

Garden is doing well, but man, if we don't soon get some rain, things are going to turn crunchy. Hot, hot, hot. And sticky. Ridiculously sticky. We've been watering as much as we can, but can't continue to do that all the time. I've been spending a lot of afternoons in the WeShed, working on some projects out there. Rick got the WeShed deck repainted and I finally got our cement lions repainted, too. Rick is going to put them back on the front porch today. Only took me a week to get them both done.

I guess that's all the news from here. Nothing much going on. I hope you're all well and the cats and other furkids are all well, too. I appreciate you keeping up with me. Thank you.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy to hear things are looking up for both of you. I had pneumonia early April and was in the hospital a full week. It was horrible, so much pain and fear. I can't even imagine if sepsis was thrown in. Really glad Rick is doing better.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks for the PMs and the phone calls. :grouphug: We're doing better and things seem to be getting back to whatever passes for normal around here. I really needed some time away from the board.

Rick was in the hospital a few weeks ago. Without going into a lot of detail, he had a really bad headache that went into a massive infection. A touch of pneumonia and even sepsis. It wasn't pretty and I was scared. He was on massive doses of antibiotics. His mom isn't well and Rick and his sister had a Jesus-come-to-meeting with the admin of the nursing home. That wasn't pretty either.

The cataract surgeries went well. I had emergency laser surgery on one eye to re-attach the retina. Not good, not at all. Still using eye drops four times a day. No swimming until around the end of July. But I can read! Seriously, I'm back to reading regular books instead of all e-books. I can see the smaller fonts. And when I'm looking at a cookbook, I can actually see "1/4 teaspoon" without glasses or moving the cookbook around for the best view. Or asking Rick what it says. The other day Rick came out of the computer room and showed me two pictures he took on his phone. Cookbooks all over my desk; the cookbook book case was an absolute mess. He said, "Well, I can see somebody can read again!" Oops. I went back and cleaned everything up.

The girls are fine. Amber is....well, Amber. Still screaming early morning. We just deal. Muffin is still enjoying her daily morning walks with either me or Rick. Still yelling at the neighborhood rooster.

Garden is doing well, but man, if we don't soon get some rain, things are going to turn crunchy. Hot, hot, hot. And sticky. Ridiculously sticky. We've been watering as much as we can, but can't continue to do that all the time. I've been spending a lot of afternoons in the WeShed, working on some projects out there. Rick got the WeShed deck repainted and I finally got our cement lions repainted, too. Rick is going to put them back on the front porch today. Only took me a week to get them both done.

I guess that's all the news from here. Nothing much going on. I hope you're all well and the cats and other furkids are all well, too. I appreciate you keeping up with me. Thank you.
I'm so glad you are doing well!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Pam, I've been away from the site for almost two weeks visiting our daughter but I'm so sorry to hear all your news especially Rick's recent hospitalization. I'm sure this was very stressful for both of you, however, I'm relieved to hear your cataract surgery went well. Fingers crossed for Rick's recuperation. :crossfingers: I think spending more time in the WeShed is excellent therapy. :hearthrob: :hugs: :redheartpump: