Hi from Saskatchewan, Canada!

shyestblossom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, I'm a 37 year old single mom with a 14 year old daughter, three fur babies and a bearded dragon. I'd like to introduce you to my babies;

Painter is the baby of the family, she's a two year old black and white female. We named her that because only her feet and chest are white, it looks like she's been playing in paint. She was the runt of her litter and she stayed really small. We call her our princess as she is small, dainty and has the whole "I am royalty" attitude, lol. She loves to explore and is very curious. She enjoys attacking her older brothers, eating bugs and throwing toys down the stairs so she can chase them. She is a very picky eater, there is only one kind of treat she likes and when it comes to people food, she tends to turn up her nose (unless it's noodles or ice cream!). 

Shadow is up next, he's a fifteen year old grey and white male. He's the cranky one of the family, lol. He is definitely my daughter's cat. She carries him around the house like he's a baby, on his back with his feet up in the air, lol. When she was a baby, anytime she started to cry he would instantly be beside her trying to console her. If she was in her crib with the door closed, he would sit at the door and call me until I came and let him in. She would drag, poke and pull at him and he would just let her. When he was about three years old he got a UTI, he was in the hospital for a long time. I had to take my daughter to see him everyday (we live in a small town about 1/2 hour from the city), the nurses would bring him out with his IV bags and all and lay him on her lap. She was only about a year old, but she sat there really nice and talked to him, I had to pry her away when it was time to leave. He's been healthy ever since. I call him the cranky one because he has an attitude, and he HATES Painter, lol. She has tried numerous times to play with him and he just growls, hisses and walks away. 

Last but not least is Heathcliff. He's a 17 year old orange and white male. He's mommy's boy. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and we've been attached to each other ever since. He will not cuddle with anyone but me, although he will occasionally curl up with Shadow or Painter. Every night he sleeps beside my pillow, although I have woken up to him curled up on my pillow, lol. When he was younger he stepped on something and one of his back toes had to be amputated, other then that he's always been very healthy. Lately though I've been worried about him, he's slowing down and I'm starting to suspect health issues. I'm really scared of the day I lose him..... But for now, he's my sucky boy! He'll eat absolutely anything you'll let him have, and every now and again he'll get a sudden burst of energy that reminds me of his younger days. 

sugarcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well howdy from Alberta, shyestblossom! What a lovely bunch of kitties you have. I've got a geriatric boy myself (18.5), as well as 3 younguns. The old guy pretends to hate the other cats but I think he's secretly amused by their crazy antics (as long as they stay out of bopping range).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shyestblossom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, nice to meet you sugarcatmom! Heathcliff used to play with the baby all the time, he's really slowing down lately though and just isn't interested anymore.... Shadow never could stand her though, lol

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi,  

Thanks for your introduction and lovely photos of your 4 legged family members.

I can see that there is a lot of love in your home.

If you have any questions about how to use our site, I will be glad to help. Simply click my username, send your questions,

I will  get back to you asap.

Please make yourself at home.   

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWWWWW what adorable kitties and LOVE your bearded dragon :bigthumb: Welcome to the site :wave2: Hope you enjoy your time here with us!! Thank you for sharing your pictures and your story! :D:clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shyestblossom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Painter is absolutely obsessed with Spike! She follows him everywhere, so we have to keep a really close eye on him, lol.