Hi from canada

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamgirl99

If you still don't get a response after several days, at that point I would think about moving on
Don't just rely on email, all sort of things can happen. Best to give her a ring if she doesn't respond to an email.

Originally Posted by NewAbyMommy

another breeder last year the breeder would email me almost every day with pictures.
That is quite unique, I don't know any breeders who have time to email everyone daily updates. Most do 1-2 week updates depending on what else is going on in their lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newabymommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well yes i am sure she is busy but she could of atleast kept her word about emailing me last weekend about whether she was coming to the cat show here and whether she was bringing the kitten i wanted or not. I am decided i am not gonna go with her as a breeder and now i have four months until i get married so we are going to wait until after the wedding to find a cat and will find a breeder in my city where i can actually go and visit with the cattery. Since i had also done alot of research on the bengal breed as well as the abyssinian.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry the breeder has not emailed you aor answered you.
I had this happen to me last year with a sphynx.
I ended up getting my sphynx from another breeder.
The breeder that played games with me was in my state.
Not only that I had even met her at a cat show and everything was fine from Feb/Mach until August.
The people on this site know what happened.
I was only looking at breeders that were with in 4 hours from me at the time.
Cleo my sphynx came from North Carolina and I am in California.
Everything worked out fine.
In fact people on this site wrote that breeder and she did not aswer them either.
I even called.
I did get a email saying I would get a kitten for sure.
Then never heard from her again.
One day I might run into her at a cat show.
So far I have not seen her at any show.
so

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NewAbyMommy

Well yes i am sure she is busy but she could of atleast kept her word about emailing me last weekend about whether she was coming to the cat show here and whether she was bringing the kitten i wanted or not. I am decided i am not gonna go with her as a breeder and now i have four months until i get married so we are going to wait until after the wedding to find a cat and will find a breeder in my city where i can actually go and visit with the cattery. Since i had also done alot of research on the bengal breed as well as the abyssinian.
The majority of breeders out there do not breed as a business, but as a hobby--and a very expensive and time consuming hobby at that. Kitten buyers are not what come first in a breeder's world, the cats are. I can tell you first hand that if I am showing, dealing with sick cats, or managing my personal and professional life, I am not making prospective kitten buyers my top priority. I get to emails when I can, and if it means that I miss out on a sale, than so be it. I am definitely not in this hobby for the money!

And while this is not directed at you, I figure if someone gets so impatient that they go to another breeder while waiting for an emailed response from me, it is all for the best. I am not trying to place my kittens with impulse buyers. I want them to go to a home where I know they are wanted and kept and will never lose their home on the same impulse that brought them into it in the first place.