Hi from Australia!

keirasmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I joined over night Aust. time :)

I still live at home with my cat loving family and over the weekend I bought home the third member of our feline family.

First is our pale ginger tabby boy Lewis. I think I was six or seven and I begged my parents to buy a ginger kitten so mum rang the local vets and said we were on the look out for a ginger boy. Not long after we received a call saying that there was a boy who was not quite ginger but close and he came home with us when he was ready to leave his mother. He was named Lewis and he is now just turned 14. He used to be very adventurous but after an encounter in which he was needlessly abused by some builders down our street (he disappeared for three days and we thought he was never coming home) which has resulted in a bad hip he doesn't venture too far from home. His great love is food and in his old age he is a little on the fat side but he is a happy, chatty boy who is loved dearly. He starts purring dramatically at the drop of a hat and is gorgeous and loving. The vet's describe his colour as "latte" which I think is very cute.

Next is our black Siamese cross boy Jet. He's a pet shop cat which I know is terrible, but he was a gorgeous kitten. We did check in with the RSPCA prior to purchasing him to see if they had any black kittens before getting him. His sister, who got the Siamese colour points, sold very quickly leaving him. He's now six and a VERY big boy dwarfing Lewis. He's a real character, if quite high strung. He loves the outdoors and gallops about. He gets stressed very easily and then feels compelled to spray all over the house which makes everyone very angry funnily enough. He's not very chatty though, except when he comes home and announces for the whole house to hear that is is VERY hungry, but still is very kitten-y in how he loves to play. He also loves to schmooze when the time is appropriate and will knead super expressively and purr like there's no tomorrow. My parent's who have had many interesting cats over there lifetimes describe him as truly one of a kind.

Last but not least, is my girl Keira. Keira's a rescue cat and we adopted her from a pet shop (the rescue group have a deal with a chain where they get to display a rescue cat and receive all proceeds from the adoption). The little info sheet that was on her enclosure said that she had arrived at pound heavily pregnant and later gave birth to two kittens who did not survive. It's a sad situation but what made it so horrifying is that the rescue's vet estimated Keira to be about one year old currently, meaning she had her first (and only) litter as a baby herself! She looks still a little less than one to me (she's so small and kitten-y) but I'm not the expert. The rescue group then saved her from death row and made it possible for me to find her. She's a gorgeous spotted tabby with ticked colouring who is so, so friendly it's difficult to believe anyone could be horrible to her ever. This is her third day with us and aside from still getting used to the boys it's like she's been here forever. She's so funny with her trills and greetings, very chatty little girl. 

But yes, sorry for rambles, have some photos!

View media item 249993  

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gidday! ;) And welcome to TCS! :wavey:
Your cats are lovely, and Jet is especially handsome! He seems to know it too. :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keira is beautiful.i love love love tabbies.
Jet looks like a panther and
Lewis Is a beautiful colour.
lovely kitties.
Welcome to TCS.

nevermore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm a newbie from Australia too. :) 

Your cats are gorgeous. :D