hi everyone

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi - I recently adopted my cat from the local ASPCA... I've been rescuing dogs - well, my family has - since I was a kid, but having a cat is sort of a new experience for me. So far, it has been overwhelmingly positive - - toki is active, affectionate, and endlessly amusing.

from the first night she planted herself up by my pillow, and while she does seem a little nervous around strangers (got to give her a break - - who knows what her life pre -shelter was like).

I was glad to find this site, as my friends are getting really sick of hearing the latest hilarious thing t oki has done.

hope to meet all of you soon...

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is amazing how many wonderful kitties are at shelters waiting for a loving home. Congrats on getting Toki; you have a wonderful companion and you saved a little furry life. She looks very cute and has that intelligent look about her. Welcome to the site and please share more stories about her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i couldn't agree more - - so many kitties stuck in shelters, waiting for loving homes. i've had dogs all my life, but there's something extra special between a well-matched cat and human. when i moved out of manhattan, my biggest concern was that i'd be lonely. but toki's companionship completely fills what would be that hole in my life. i find everything she does either endearing or fascinating.

looks kinda insane in that one...

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Toki is really beautiful! [emoji]128149[/emoji]. There are a lot of blue cat lovers on this forum. This is where I first realized there even was such a thing! It's so wonderful you adopted Toki from a shelter. Saving a life is a very noble thing! Welcome to TCS! [emoji]128570[/emoji]

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. Gray cats can be just gray cats, too; they don't have to be blue. You will love your cat and all her antics. Someone observed that "only cats can be annoying and endearing at the same time."  Nothing can match the affection of a cat.

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
don't worry; i am already 100% totally smitten and devoted to toki already... just one of those lucky things where the personality of a cat picked almost at random should match so perfectly the personality of the adopting human.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Toki is gorgeous, and so lucky to have you.

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Toki too! [emoji]9786[/emoji]

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone... i guess everyone thinks their cat is, without a doubt, the cutest cat EVER. and the most beautiful. and the smartest. (it does on, as I'm sure you all know...)

but i do appreciate the nice things said about toki. it's odd : at the shelter they told me that she had been feral and t hat i shouldn't expect immediate trust/bonding for some time. i've only ever had rescue pets, so the gradual formation of a relationship sounded, well, normal... but toki and i just kind of clicked (even tho her first min utes at home were spent cleaning cat sick off of her fur (turns out she really, REALLY gets carsick), which you'd think would send her sprinting for the nearest bed to hide under. She didn't love being cleaned up, but made no efforts to get away or retaliate.

i don't want to give the impression that she trusted me 100% immediately.... she slept in bed with me from the start, but allowed me to feed her by hand only a few weeks ago. also, it's taken some time, but she now comes when called like 95% of the time.

stalking the computer... making the world a safer place, one PC at a time....